Finally!!!!

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by wildfan99, Sep 1, 2008.

1. wildfan99

wildfan99 Sophia's dad

Finally made up my mind. Settled on a 08' Bowtech Commander, Been shooting one a friend had for sale for a couple of days & decided the price was right & It feels really comfortable. Problem is he is keeping all of the accesories, so off to the shop I go!!! I guess the 1st step is over.
    Do bow shop owners ever get crabby when you go in w/ a bow & have them set it up & stuff? I was talking to 1 shop owner & he was bashin' a guy for not buying 1 of his bows. Obviously not going there. Hope everyone is well!!!

2. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Congratulations :peace:

Some shops just don't understand that if they help you get the most enjoyment out of the sport that you can, you'll probably be back to buy stuff. If they don't seem receptive about people coming in that didn't buy from them I'd venture to say that they won't really take the time to properly set up your bow. They may take a stab at it and charge you some money but......:noidea:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

TELL the guy that you bought it used from a freind........

it always amazed me when a shop owner get upset at you for buying your bow someplace else and buying your accesories from them.......

I will let you in on a HUGE SECRET:biggrin1:

YOU DONT MAKE A PROFIT ON BOWS

YOU MAKE YOUR PROFIT ON ACCESORIES

So it would be in there best intrest to set you up with the EXTRAS and charge you the labor......PLUS THEY ARE NOT OUT THE COST.....OF PURCHASING THE BOW FROM THE MANUFACTURER

Some shop owners and their BAD ATTITUDES need to step back and take a look at themselves, and make a decission as to-if customer service is what they should really be doing.......

I think one of the biggest issues in Archery Shop Management is proper charges for labor.......

I always see a labor rate listed, but rarely have I ever seen any of them use the labor rate in the transaction.......

didnt it cost you time, to make up that sign???

People are always talking about waste, well to me it was a waste of timeto make up that sign and then not use it......:noidea:

4. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

I would tell the shop staff the story you just told us...When I worked in a shop,I appreciated the truth because I heard more B.S. than you could ever imagine...

5. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

30 % is not making anything on a bow :decision:
    $180 on a $600 bow and 35% - 40% on ACCESORIES
    I don't have a problem with it, It is standard retail priceing but everytime I hear we don't make money on bow :censored: me bowtech mistakingly sent me a dealer prices :cool: so I know how much they are making if you are not making anything there is something wrong If you put in the time in setting up a new bow for someone your profits go down but then they are buying accesories :hug: