finally....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Nov 11, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Well it all came together this morning and I finally got one.....got that damb monkey off my back.....Decided to go out till about 9:00 then go to work.....went back to the honey hole.....

as I was walking in I spooked 4 deer.....said to heck w/it I am still going up this tree.......So I put out some Trails end 307 in a couple of scent bombs.....in the tree about 10 minuets when I hear a something comming.....its a real bright moon so I can see its a deer.....Comes over to one of the scent bombs and starts messing with it....next thing I know,I hear the thing hit the ground then what sounds like platic being chewed on....so now I am laughing so hard I am glad its still dark.....This deer finally walks off.....still to dark to shoot.....about 15minuets go by and I hear another deer and its grunting.....it a small buck I think.....still pretty dark but now I can make out bodies better.....another 20 minuets and three more does have gone by....its know about 6:30 and I hear a stick break a ways off and think I hear a deer grunt....cant be sure but it sounds like it is headed my way....two more does go by walking at a very fast clip, only stopping to smell the scent bombs......
    I hear a deer going thru the brush grunting and breaking twigs and stuff.....I hear another deer running at me.....I can see its a doe and there is another deer running behind it...its a buck, its a decent buck....a different buck I think to myself.....well he is not takeing no for an answer and is right on her tail.....she runs out in front of me at about twenty yrds....I get ready and what does she do she runs back into the brush and he follows not giving me a shot....well as luck would have it the doe picks up the scent of the scent bomb and heads over to it.....why I dont know....the buck follows right behind her and is going to come out at about twelve yrds.....so I quick as I can move my pin slighty below twenty (hha slider)......I rehook the release and start to come to full draw....The doe spots me and bolts back into cover....the buck turns on his hind legs and hesitates for a second...I mouth grunt him just so he holds still and settle my pin behind his shoulder as I come to full draw, there is one small twig he is standing against.....I let him have it and can see when he runs off the shot is about 2 inchs back of where I want it but it is a really good hit.....I watch him run for about twenty yrd...where he disapears in to the thick stuff and can hear him running for about three seconds then nothing......I stay in the stand looking for the arrow and doing everything I can think of to stay calm for about 45 minutes and then climb down ( saw five more does and 2 small bucks while waiting) .....I could not see the arrow from the stand and now I know why it is covered in blood and the blood is very dark????......so I ease over and take a look.....the arrow is stuck in the ground about 6 inches...... there is blood everywhere and I think to myself, this traking job is going to be too easy well I get my bow and start down the trail....not more than 60yrds I find him piled up and laying.....well it had some ground shrikage but not bad.....best buck w/bow in 8 or 9 years, he is an 8 point 15" spread.....so I am happy.....now the work begins.....

This hunt brought to you by these great products.....:biggrin1:

Mathews Switchback (original) @27" 63lbs
    Carbon Express Maxima 250- 28"
    Muzzy 100 gr 4-blade-AAE elite 4" plastifletch (hard right helical)
    HHA optimizer .019
    Copper Johns scardey cat pro dropaway
    STS (origanal)
    Fletcher tru-peep
    string loop
    Tru Ball Rackmaster velcro

Tru Talker
    Primos The Original Can
    Bushnell Yardage pro Legend (black)
    Summit Bushmaster X4
    Summit safety Harness
    Realtree ez hanger
    hunters speacialty pull rope
    Schrade Cutlery
    Trails End 307

Primos Bowhunters vest
    Lacross 1500 gram
    Mossy Oak APX
    Natural Gear w/scent blocker liner
    Realtree Sleeve
    Scent Lok gloves
    Smart Wool Socks
    Scent Away Soap
    Wildlife Research clothing wash
    Wildlife Research scent killer spray

Dodge Dakota
    Leer truck Caps
    Terra tracks

Suzuki Quads
    Warn Winches
    Quad Boss

this was my attempt to produce the longest post ever.......

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

congrats, can't wait for pics:laugh:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It's the longest one I've seen. I think:noidea:. There was one close but it had alot of pics.

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Way to go Mr Bowman. That sure is a very sweet spot you have there. How bout letting an ol Hillbilly from the ridges of east Tn climb up in that tree? Agian Great Job:clap2: , God Blesss, Holy Smokes

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now you know I knew someone would have to bring that up.....

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Congrats Bowman

7. Ohio Bow

Ohio Bow Junior Member

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's alittle too advanced for Bowman:laugh: :smash:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Way too advanced for me......but we did take some pics....now if I can only figure out how to hook up this camera thingy to the back....well give me a week or two.....:laugh:

10. papito

papito Petering it since 06

good job cant wait too se a pic it must be pretty nice.

11. papito

what did it weigh

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

135-145lbs I am guessing, dont have a scale.......

13. runningbear15

runningbear15 Junior Member

Those scent bombs you were talking about what brand are they? :wave:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

they are the scent bomb canisters from tinks.......I add Trails end 307 to them.....has worked very well so far.....

15. papito

i think i'm gonna try that!!!

16. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Alright:rockon: glad to hear this buddy. So are the Backstraps sizzling already?? I have never tried trails end 307 I'm kinda partial to Tink's 69. Come on we gotta see some pics of him. Congrats and now go get yourself a nice big fat doe.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I know I am going to get roasted......but I am saving my doe tags for rifle season.....new gun need to break it in in properly.....

18. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

The Rif Raf needs pictures...........

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am trying but everynight there is something else that needs doin....and I need to get some time to spend practiceing.....plus w/a 1.5 year old running around its tough to get the technical stuff done till she goes to bed.......

20. Radar

Radar Story of my life

:biggrin1: Awesome job man!!!!! Hey bowman anyone ever tell you your a NUT?:noidea: :laugh: