finaly!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by diamond-vic., Nov 28, 2006.

1. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

hey guys, i finaly got my buck! yesterday down im nothern pennsylvania. gave him 2 grunts and he came right at me, my trusty model 70 .243 did it again!!hes only a 4 pointer but his rack was outside the ears, big body too! oh, and by the way, if anyone on here is also a big rifle shooter, try barnes new triple shock x-bullet, their worth every penny!!!

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

is that a centerfire bullet or a Muzzleloader bullet?

3. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Thats a centerfire bullet. Some claim that it may be a bit too small for whitetail, but is actually a very popular round. They typically come in a 80 grain and 100 grain rounds. Also make a pretty awesome varmit round, flat and fast shooting.

Good shooting Diamond-vic:rockon:

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

243 and 270 are real popular for whitetail...they're also a good caliber for smaller guys that can't shoulder a 308 or 30-06 w/o flinching:laugh:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have that new 308 in the sps w/r3 recoil pad and i would love to get together w/you sometime and let you shoot it.....just so you can see how soft the recoil from this caliber is in this gun.....I would like to shoot it in a real magnum caliber just to see how little recoil there is in this gun......