Finding Tiller Specs.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by newbiehunter, Sep 1, 2006.

1. newbiehunter

newbiehunter Junior Member

Hey Guys, this is my first time posting so please bare w/me.

I have a golden eagle formula 3-D and was wondering if any one knows where i can find tiller specs? I bought bow without owners manual and was wanting to make sure bow was within specs.

any help would be great, Thanks

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I would be more concerned with the ata and brace height, then I would be w/tiller......you can always adjust the tiller using your limb bolts to make the bow feel best in your hands......

Is it a single cam or two cam? This matters as it will determine how to check your tiller?

3. newbiehunter

this is a twin cam bow w/an ata of just under 41" and a brace height of 7.5"
    The pull is ste at 55lbs and I believe the draw length is set at 30"
    I'm also using an old pro line sight, a wisker biscuit, a t.r.u. knock, and carbon fury 45-60# arrows

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Once you have all of the main mesurements correct....by twisting string and cable, and optimizing the cams, and getting rid of cam lean, and all the other little things then check the tiller to make sure top and bottem are very close to the same.....of course when you start tiller timing your bow then they may not be even any more any way.......

5. newbiehunter

do you know of anyplace I can find how to do all this stuff:noidea:
    Thanks for the info