Finger Sling????

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by firechic, Apr 2, 2008.

1. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

I am about to start making some finger slings and I was wondering how many people actually shoot with them and what type of shooting you use with them. For example.... do you use it for just indoors, 3d, hunting or all?

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I used to use a finger sling years ago until I left it at home once. After that I put a wrist sling on my bow and I didn't have that problem any longer. I would say the folks that use em Chick would be target shooters but you might find an ocasional hunter that would use one...:noidea:

3. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

ok, that is new to me, what in the world is a finger sling?:noidea:

4. bullfiddle

It's basically a piece of paracord that hooks around your thumb and index finger. It keeps the bow from flying out of your hand when you shoot with a relaxed grip or open hand...:noidea:

5. jkcerda

umm, ok, i have seen it, I just did not know what it was called,,,you have a PM BTW.

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I have never tried one, but I would be willing to.

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

maybe you could make it strap to the bow? so you don't forget it :noidea:

8. firechic

here's a pic...

9. jkcerda

yep, thats it,,ok, are there any advantages to it VS a strap?:noidea:

10. bullfiddle

I don't really think there is any advantage... It's just what people prefer really....:noidea:

11. firechic

in my opinion.... the bow shoots more natural with the finger sling than the wrist sling.... at least to me. I use one when target shooting. I would still probably use the wrist sling in hunting just because it's more practical... takes less time to put on in a quick time. It's really personal preference.

12. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

A lot of the top shooters in our area use finger slings. I would be interested to see what you come up with.

13. jkcerda

interesting, I guess i would force your hand to be somewhat a bit more consistent, VS being able to open close your hand when you havea strap.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I wanna try one, but with my short fat fingers, it makes me feel like i am torquing the bow:noidea:

15. firechic

it sounds like you've already tried one.... was it too short???

16. archeryoptics

archeryoptics New Member

We make them in a multiple of colors reg and floresant and sell them at our booth at the shoots for 2.00 ea they go fairly well especully the floresant colors.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

well I tried one on, but never shot with it.....i tried it at different lengths and it always seemed to tight:noidea: :noidea:

18. firechic

that's pretty much what I'll be doing. I'll have them with me at shoots and probably here in the classifieds. I'll have all 34 colors of the paracord.

19. firechic

I'll make one long enough for ya..... you just have to start talking to me first.... lol :lol: :biggrin1: :laugh: :laugh: :biggrin1: :lol:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you mean other than in a PM?? :tape: