First 25 meter shoot.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Radar, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Well yesterday I went to chris' shop and got my Trykon XL dialed in with my spot scope and arrows. I wanted to get it all set to go and shoot a 25 meter vegas round at Kishwaukee archery club. I never really thought to much on how far 25 meters is and when I got down there found out that it is 27.5 yds. so I grabbed my 3D scope because I was afraid that the dot on my spot scope would be too big at 27.5. So I got it all sighted in the best I could because the shoot started at 2:00. It was pretty interesting how these shoots are run. you have 2.5 minutes to shoot your three arrows which is actually a pretty long time. I really don't know how well I did because I have never done them so I guess I will have to see when the results are mailed. but I think I did alright, I shot a 554 out of 600 while making sight adjustments as I went for the first couple rounds. For all I know my score could suck but I had fun. Oh and the cool thing was that Nancy and Mary Zorn were there shooting also. kinda cool to see ProStaff shooters at a local event.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Glad to hear you had a good time. Thats the main thing when I go to a shoot of any kind. 554 out of 600 sounds pretty good to me congrats buddy.:rockon:

3. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Thanks Hoosier, I guess I will have to try one again and see if I can improve on it. The guy next to me shot like a 582.

4. tek

tek Senior Member

I've never heard of a 25 meter shoot, but it sounds like you did real good.

Which Hoyts were Nancy and Mary shooting, that would have been cool to meet them.

5. Radar

Radar Story of my life

They were both shooting ProElites I think. I saved my target sice it was my first time with this kind of shoot and thought about having them sign it. I really did'nt want to bother them though. I am sure they would have signed it but oh well.