First bow!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Martlet, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Martlet

Martlet Junior Member

I picked up my first bow today. I'm amazed at how well it shoots, and how little trouble it took to be accurate (at 20 yds in the range, in the field while crapping my pants will be another story). I've set my limit at 20 yds until I improve. What other accessories have helped you out? I'm thinking of picking up a tree stand that can be carried in and out with me, as I can't leave it.

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Have fun, shoot alot!!:peace:

What did you get?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

:welcome: ..The Man law apply's to this subject...You must post a pic of your new bow.:laugh:

4. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Good luck with the new bow and GREAT JOB setting a yardage limit until you get better. Not many people do that.:rockon:

5. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Practise, practise, practise.
    Don't forget one of the most important pieces of equipment when you get a tree stand.....A safety harness! And as you get better shooting start shooting from differant angles (uphill, to the side Etc) You will be surprized that when that first deer walks within your range that somehow some Gremlins snuck in and increased your draw weight by a 100lbs. (or so it seems)
    Good luck with your bow (what kind) and keep shooting...

6. Martlet

Martlet Junior Member

I'm not a photographer, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Here's my best go at pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Looks like we have another proud HOYT owner! Sweet bow!

8. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

I REMEMBER MY FRIST BOW.... ACUALLY I STILL HAVE IT AT MY PARENTS HOUSE!... I STILL NEED TO POST A PIC OF MY NEW ONE.... ILL DO IT THIS WEEKEND. NICE BOW!! ENJOY IT!! :rockon:

9. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

Sweet bow dude, I'm Green with envy.....AHHH. Can I shoot your bow?:laugh:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nice Bow and :welcome: to the forum and the wonderful world of ARCHERY.

Start saving aluminum cans cause this is gonna cost you dearly.:laugh:

11. Martlet

Martlet Junior Member

HEY! Don't put that in type. I told my wife how much cheaper it was since you can re-use arrows. :biggrin1: Her first question when I brought it home was "Are we going to have to buy a bow safe now?" Poor girl. My sporting collections are getting rather large. I don't think I have room for another safe. Time for an addition to the house!