First Field Round

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Radar, May 13, 2007.

1. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I got into our clubs Field round league and shot my first one on Thursday night. I am just using my 3D setup(see signature) and it is alot of fun I dont know if my score was good or not seeing how Field is new to me. but I shot a 259 out of 280. I was nervous at first I brought every arrow I owned out on the course with me. I finally settled down after a while (rushing to get there after work didnt help) It is nice not having to worry about distance and just work on form and making a good shot. I got into the league thinking that it will help my 3D by shooting multiple yardage and to whip my sometimes not the greatest form into shape. we will see how it goes:peace:

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's awsome...great shootin buddy...
    We don't have alot of field around me but I'd love to make a short roadtrip to try it...

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Congrats on a good first score. The nice thing about Field is there is no guesswork. You instantly know if your shooting well or not. Unlike 3D, where you can say, eh.. I probably just misjudged the yardage. In Field, it's all you baby!

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Hey nice shootin. Don't know much about field. Fill me in some guys.

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, good question. I'd like to know more too.
    Also, Radar, your in N Illinois. I'm in the Quad City area. Where did you do that shoot ? To my knowledge we don't have anything like that around here. We have 3D, although that's diminishing, and indoor 5 spot.

Ron

6. PA Dave

PA Dave Junior Member

I'm planning to try field this summer using my hunting rig (I shoot the same rig for everything with the idea that I want to be a comfortable as possible with my hunting bow), but I know nothing of the scoring. I've practiced on the field course at our club, but I need to know the rules. Can anyone provide a link to a good source for them?

I can't wait to give this a go. At first the 80 yard shots intimidated me, but I have to admit that I surprised myself on them.

Wow, been a member over 2 years and finally posted...is that a lurking record?

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Hahahah...Welcome...FINALLY!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's gotta be somekind of record...

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup he's a stalker......:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

9. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

The field shoots is one of the reasons I have not done much 3d lately. I enjoy it alot. Some of the shots look easy and you get your but wooped on them. That is how you know there is no such thing as an easy shot. And it is A lot os shooting. 28 targets with 4 arrows at each.
    I wish there were more clubs in NY that had this shoot.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sounds like its time for the NY gang to go on a road trip....:noidea:

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

ROADTRIP!!!

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

13. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

Why don't you guys come out here to Suffolk Archers on May 20 or on June 10. It is A long day but you can have fun.

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Sounds like fun to me...:biggrin1:

15. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I know that that you have A few Trad guys up there. If you look at the website there is the Long Island trad shoot that alway has A great turnout. We always have A great turnout for that shoot.

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah JUNE 10th WOULD be alot of fun if I never want to walk again....:noidea:

17. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I know I am asking for trouble but why?

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

getting married on the 9th....leaving for maine on sunday the 10th:noidea: :noidea:

19. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Poor poor Marie............this must be one of those setup by the parents weddings for her.:biggrin1:

80 yards:eek: by the way :welcome: PA DAVE...........seems kinda wierd to welcome someone who has been a member a year longer than me.:doh: