Fish Stories?

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by brokenarrow, Sep 4, 2006.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Anyone into fishin'? If so for what and how often?
    I live on a lake so I bass fish as often as I can, sometimes everyday for a couple hours. I also try to make a couple trips a year to the Jersey shore to go out on the boats for Fluke, Bluefish, or Sea Bass.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I work within 2 minuets of the Ashokan Resivoir....
    Great Smallmouth fishing and the Trout isnt to bad.....
    My boss and I try to make it to Pepactin Res. every spring for trout, much better trout fishing then Ashokan.....

I also like to hit the little ponds, as some times they hold some mighty treasures.......

But I would have to say my favorite fishing is ice fishing.....I start getting excited about ice fishing about the time spring turkey starts....:biggrin1:

3. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I went from having a pond in my backyard and fishing everyday to fishing maybe once or twice a year. When I lived in Illinois I had a pond that was stocked with Large Mouth, Crappies, Blue gills and catfish. With being unable to find a good and convenient fishing hole in PA, I have replaced my fishing hobby with flinging arrows now.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I haven't been to the resivoir in years used to go all the time. I live on Tillson Lake, the fishing is Ok. It useed to be stocked in the 60's with trout and bass but it was drained 15 yrs ago to repair the dam and sat empty for 4-5 yrs so it hasn't been the same since.

I love fishing the irrigation ponds in the apple orchards around here. There's monsters in them holes.

Don't icefish as much as I'd like to, but that's the same with alot of things I guess.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Ice fishing I make time for.....

I put more effort in to making time to go ice fishing, than i do to go bow hunting.....

6. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

fishing

i am very lucky. i have three creeks one behind my house, the others 5 min. walk. two rivers about 30 min. drive. and two lakes about 40 min. drive. also some farm ponds with large mouth bass. the ones i enjoy most is wolf creek and new river fishing for smallies. new river also have muskie which i have started fishing for. i will fish for any kind of fish. from pan fish to deep sea fishing once a year. from now untill about april is when i catch the big smallmouths.

7. soonerhunt

soonerhunt Junior Member

can't beat bass fishing

Live near Lake Fork, great bass lake in Texas. You can't really beat the bite & fighting a bass back to the boat. Best this year was a 9.9 on a weightless 8inch lizard. :biggrin1:

8. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

i have never caught a fish on a lizard.i have tried live ones and plastic . no luck. i have caught a lot on plastic worms. my favorite is the green tomato core worm.i guess my next favorite bait would be the spinner baits. then plugs. i've also had good luck with the motor oil color worms.

9. soonerhunt

soonerhunt Junior Member

Lizards do well here, weightless, texas rigged, or carolina rigged. I like using them because they are bulkier and looked darn in the water. Best colort is watermelon/Chart. w/ red fleck. Brushhogs do well also. Lately i have gotten into drop shot. Not real good yet but its a different presentation and I've had fun with it. It's as simple as all git'out. Kinda a like catfishing for bass.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  10. Caretaker

Caretaker New Member

Stripers in the Hudson

Any of you guys into striper fishing in the Hudson River? I'm gona give it a shot for the first time this spring. i plan on going in at Plum Point in New Windsor N.Y. Anyone interested in joining us, give me a holler.

11. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

I live right on Lake Erie. I've got the worlds best walleye, and some of the worlds best smallmouth fishing practically in my backyard.:D Not to mention largemouth, panfish, and catfish.:peace:

12. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i live in michigan... im surounded by water everywere and i fish most of it. lake erie walleyes are the best. but this year im going to try st. claire

13. Shortshaft

Shortshaft Member

I live a mile from the biggest natural lake in the state and keep a boat in Gloucester (you know where the fish sticks come from) I have two kayaks, a canoe a 23 foot walk around and a 8.5 foot pram and not enough time to use them. I love diving and fishing.

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I haven't been striper fishing in years. I used to fish in Highland by the Mid-Hudson Bridge.

15. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

grew up on the mississippi river grew up fishin' try to go a couple times a month during the summer. usually load up the camper and go somewhere within a couple hours from home.