Fletch Positions

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by redbug, Nov 12, 2007.

1. redbug

redbug Junior Member

Is there any problem with shooting the **** fletch oriented to the left or right of the string vs. up and down. The reason for this is I have a cable clerace problem with the blazers.

2. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

What kind of arrow rest and what kind of bow you shooting that the cables are interfering with the fletching??

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

If your blazers are hitting the cable see if the cable gaurd rod has an offset, if it does you should be able to loosen it and turn it slightly then tighten it back down to get the clearance you need. It would be helpful if you could post a pic of the bow that way we could see exactly what you are talking about.

4. OA3D

OA3D Member

I have seen a couple older Bowtechs that this was an issue.
    Standard Blazers came real close to the 03 Extreme I shot earlier this year.
    Occassionally it would hit if I torqued the string too bad.

As for vane orientation, does it make a difference if your C vane is right or up, the vane in question is still going to be in the same exact position isn't it.
    I also think drop away clearing will become an issue.

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would just shoot it and see. If you are using a prong rest make sure the fletching will not hit a prong. And if you are using a WB rest make sure the fletching does not go through the black bristles on bottom. Other than that heck try it out and see how it goes.:noidea:

6. redbug

redbug Junior Member

Thanks for all the input. Im shooting an 06' Tribute with a WB. Will check for some of the issues you have mentioned and try to post a picture tonight. So far moving the **** vane to the right seems to have cleared it up but im going to check out the things you guys mentioned. Thanks a bunch.