Fletch Strippers

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by XT4ME, Mar 24, 2006.

1. XT4ME

XT4ME Member

Do they work or is it just a waste of money? I ordered one a day or two ago and it should be here soon. So I figured I would ask before I started cussing it and threw it in the junk box.:doh:

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The Zip Strip is the best. It also costs the most. You do have to sharpen them occasionally.

3. XT4ME

XT4ME Member

see that figures I ordered te one with replaceable heads I looked at the zip strip but never thought of sharpening it. But they do what they claim remove glue and all without damaging my shafts?

4. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Been doing my own arrows for 30 years now. Aluminum, carbon, glass, ACC's. I got an arrow stripper about 4 years ago. I think it's been in the junk drawer for about 3 years 11 months and three weeks. Good old single edge blade for a utility knife works better than anything else I've tried.

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Most carbon arrows have a tough surface and strip without damaging the shaft. However, carbon impact shafts are really hard to strip without damaging the surface. Terminator hunters in camo are also a one that is a pain to strip.

6. geoff91

geoff91 Junior Member

i just use my knife:eyebrows: ... but i use my knife for everything:cool:

7. XT4ME

XT4ME Member

well....im not going to complain about it. I use Beman ICS camo hunters and the ol knife was dulling and sometimes chipping the camo but this thing does pretty well after you figure it out:cool:

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

Two words....

Potato peeler. :amen:

9. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

ZIP Strip..Single most used tool in my aresenal. I do dozens and dozens of arrows with wraps and nothing removes them faster.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

2 year old thread:wave: :wave:

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

Great ain't they? :D

12. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

you got me Bunny:frusty:

13. HCAman

HCAman New Member

i'm with jdawg on this one, I use my zip strip a lot.