Fletching jig for Quick Spin vanes?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by gixxer, Sep 12, 2007.

1. gixxer

gixxer Junior Member

Hi all

I've got 2.25" quick spins and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a fletching jig for these vanes? I did go to the local shop and almost made a $54 mistake, luckily I was told the jig I was about to buy wouldn't work with QS vanes.

I'm currious to know from arrow builders what works well with these, as they have the kicker on them.

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

As far as I know, the Bitzenberger will work with them. I don't think all the archery shops in the world have switched jigs just to be able to fletch quick spins....:biggrin1:

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

And welcome to the site......:peace:

4. gixxer

gixxer Junior Member

Thanks, the local place down the road has used bitzenberger jigs...might have to go check them out.

Thanks again. I've been looking for a decent message board for archery related goodness, cool to see this site isn't completely 3D shooting. I've never given it a go, but I've been bow hunting / target practicing since I was about 10 or so....20ish years.

ack I'm old :biggrin1:

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

We have all sorts of folks on here with all kinds of experience and knowledge. Feel free to ask away or share what you know. We talk about all kinds of topics and some of the time we know what we are talking about....:biggrin1:

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Bitz and Grayling work for sure.
    The new Bohning loooks like it would work but don't know first hand. Ditto for the Jo-Jan jigs...
    The Arizona fletchers work, but not very well, but you have to be careful when you remove the jig from the arrow shaft since the slots in the fletcher's 'wings' can grap the quick-spin 'kickers' and pull them off the shaft.

Ron

7. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Bitz's are the best on the planet... You can fletch anything. And get super crazy helical w/ it too...

8. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I've fletched the 4" quik spins with the Bitz Jig, and it worked well.

Ben

9. Timmer

Timmer Member

Bitz is your best bet, but I've fletched the 4" Quickspins with my Arizona EZ Fletch. Just have to push the kicker portion thru a little.

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome gixxer...
    We're not just 3D...all kinds of shooters here

And Bitz is the way to go...

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup what he said....

12. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I use a Grayling and have fleched Quick Spins with it.

13. gixxer

gixxer Junior Member

Thanks for the info guys. I hope to get something soon as my arrows aren't fletched and the season starts oct 6. I know I know, getting a late start. but hey on a good note, I just got back from Germany and Italy, so I've got a little (but a sad) excuse.

Looks like Grayling or a Bitz. I think I am going to go check out the Bitz at the local shop tonight, they have used ones for $40ish.

I heard with the quick spins you want a straight or a slight right offset, nothing too aggressive? I imagine the kickers do the work and the more offset the more they'll spin but slow them down some?

14. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

To get the best out of the QS fletch them with a straight clamp, no more than 2 degrees offset. Helical with this fletch will cause lots of drag. A tip that may make it easier to align in the clamp, mark the position of the kicker on the clamp and dremel out a space for it. I noticed a small amount of misalignment at the rear until I got that figured out.:wave: