Fletching Jig

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by hoytmom3sons&I, Apr 14, 2008.

1. hoytmom3sons&I

hoytmom3sons&I New Member

First time post. Looking for a good quality used or new fletching jig for my family and I. Straight and right helical would be ideal. Suggestions would be great. My husband visits this site allot and I would like to suprise him when he visits again to see that I am looking for a jig for all of us to use. Keep in mind we shoot 3" and 4" vanes and have never fletched our own arrows. The $$ we spend at our local shop starts to add up every month with five of us shooting.
    Thanks for your help

2. vmabuck

vmabuck Killer B

I recently asked a lot of questions about the same subject Hoytmom. I have never fletched my own arrows and I was trying to figure out the deal with "Offset" "Helical" etc...

But as far as the best jig, the consensus seemed to be the "Bitzenburger" jig.

http://www.bitzenburger.com/

I have seen some recently on Ebay for a lot cheaper than new. They look like they are a quality device that would be safe to buy used.

I am looking into getting myself one of these very soon...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008

3. hoytmom3sons&I

hoytmom3sons&I New Member

Thanks I'll check it out. I just want to buy it once and be satisfied with the purchase.

4. vmabuck

vmabuck Killer B

And speaking of which, I just purchased one off Ebay with Straight clamp, all tools, glue and 30 or so 5" fletchings for $49.00.

Bitzenburger

Now I hope it will work as is with my carbon arrows.

let the fun begin!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

First off :welcome:

Also, I have a couple graylings and they work great, but I would have to agree that the Blitz are probably the best and most widely recommended.

Good Luck
    Clem