Fletchings??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by cnorth, Jan 24, 2006.

1. cnorth

cnorth Junior Member

Whats up with the shorter fletchings? Are they better for fixed blade broadheads, or for pratice points only? Thank you for your time and GOD bless.

2. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

What shorter flectchings are you refering to?

I use the 2 inch Bohning Blazers on my hunting arrows. I shoot a fixed blade broadhead.

I am gonna try the 1.5 inch versions on my target arrows. ;)

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I too shoot blazers, the 2", on my hunting arrows. They work very well. I usually pick great flying broadheads so that probably helps. I have shot both expandables and fixed heads with the blazer vanes.

4. psychobubba

psychobubba Junior Member

yes they help in both cases ,they are lighter,taller and do help. blazzers 2"that is all i use now on my gt pros

5. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

I like the smaller Vanes myself I shoot the Duravane 2.3 for 3-D and the 3inch for hunting.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Blazers on my 3-d selects (2 inch)
    Quickspins on my linejammers (the real small ones, I think 1&1/8")
    Works well for me, have my Switchback (original) set up w/linejammers right now for spots and 3-d, and have a borrowed Icon set up w/blazers for shooting DART league, hoping to get Icon for my self for shooting indoor, will set that up w/linejammers. Both arrow combos are very accurate. Of course both bows are good ones too. Both have been supper tuned by a freind of mine. And I am not telling who.:)

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how much are most people paying for quickspins????

8. Ol'Dad

Ol'Dad Member

2" Blazers

I use the 2" Blazer vanes and put as strong an offset as I can get with my Bitzenberger,and they fly Great with my Muzzy 4 blades.I have shot feathers and 5" vanes for years with my hunting set-ups,and the Blazers are lighter,faster,quieter,more durable,and shoot every bit as well.Part of the reason the Blazers do so well is they are about 25-35 grains lighter than regular vanes (all 3 vanes),and taking that weight off the rear of your arrow really improves your (front of center) F.O.C.%.That makes more difference than most people think.Try the 2" Blazers and you'll be glad you did....

Brandon

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006