FOB shooters ?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by J-Daddy, Mar 8, 2008.

1. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Do Work!

How many FOB shooters are on here? I know alot over on AT shoot them but I'd like to hear some more reviews on them...Thinking about trying some out.

2. thejake254

thejake254 quick draw

the only problem i have with them is the noise. they're as loud or louder than feathers. as accurate as my blazers, just dont try to shoot groups, or you end up a few fobs short.:laugh:

3. ace7038

ace7038 New Member

I love them. Have been shooting them since first of November. They shoot as close to the same place as vanes as you will get. I shoot back and forth between fobs and vanes. I am still not a 100 percent using them alone but I shoot three different bows and I am always trying different things with each of them as well. I have shot a deer with them,no problems at all. they don't go through a blind screen with a mechanical broadhead on though (dumb idea tried), customer service from starrflight is incredible!

4. Punch_Free4L

Punch_Free4L Impressive Member

I've been able to shoot tighter groups with fob's, 40,50+ yards,better then blazers.I can shoot more consistent with fob's,though,I still keep my blazers around.:D

5. Paul Morris

Paul Morris never fletch again

Re: Noise….Lots of data on this one. The noise generated by the FOB comes off the back end of the FOB which is directed right at the shooter and sounds different. This is caused by the air being compressed and de-compressed (this is how we get so much bang for the buck). When ever someone calls and says the FOB makes to much noise, I suggest that they stand SAFELY at the target end (behind a tree or something) and have someone shoot a broadhead at the target and compare to a fletch. So far most everyone who tries this agrees that the FOB makes less noise or no more than fletching. A fletch will fold and flutter under load and makes noise. The FOB sounds the same regardless of conditions as it does not deform. Over the last few years we have had many folks harvest lots of game and nobody ever has had an issue with noise. Again, the noise from the FOB comes off the back end is directed right at the shooter. Take a look at these links to some noise testing.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=524965&highlight=fobs+starrflight

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=509314

Regards,

6. mac87toy

mac87toy Junior Member

I agree with the above posts. They are awsome to shot but dont shot groups or you are SOL. The best thing about them is that you can take any broadhead from the biggest badest Sashqauch killer to the littlest mechanical and the will all shot the same, none of that turning your insert or fleching and refleching your arrows to get them to line up the way they need to just give the fob a spin and let it fly. I dont shot them with my judo's but everything else they steer like a dream even some crapy 2 blade allen broadheads i have had since i was 12. 290 fps any broadhead you want and if you need to refletch an arrow you are out about 15 seconds of your life that you will never get back. Make all of'um count.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  7. markalbob

markalbob Everybody loves a clown..

I'm getting set up shortly including a speedbow of some sort, I intedn to start with a dozen arrows, 6 with blazers and 6 with FOBs. If I am still here by the time I get a chance to test them I'll let you know how they perform in side-by-side testing.....

8. hilltophunter

hilltophunter Junior Member

I have switched to FOB's as well. These things are no joke :D

9. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I am not trying to yell B.S.

But

What's the speed of sound again????Oh yeah, 1129 feet per second at 70 degrees........what kind of bow you got????

10. Q!!

Q!! Sheep Camp Founder

Ummmmm, you are mistaken here man. Can you not here your arrow in flight??? I sure can, never actually met anybody that couldn't. I use FOBS and have done the test Paul mentioned above and I found they were quieter than the blazers I was using before. I would tend to listen to whatever Paul has to say about FOBS also as he was the man who invented these wonderful things. ;)

11. Major257

Major257 Junior Member

I just tried my new FOBs on my new Victory shafts. I like it. I will never go back at this point. Nice groups and they have helped me already.

Matt

12. hilltophunter

hilltophunter Junior Member

I used them on the NDRG course and I had a good day with them. It was cool to see some of the looks from the folks that had not seen them yet...

13. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I am always mistaken...just ask my wife.:tape:

And no I can't hear my arrows in flight.

14. LWM

LWM Junior Member

I couldnt use them, they contact my lip/jaw area hard and gave me bad flight.
    If they make the new ones that put it up the shaft aways Id take a sample to try out.:D