Foc

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Jay Are, May 17, 2007.

1. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I was wondering how many of you worry about FOC on your arrows?

I always make sure that my FOC for my arrows is about 10% for 3D… On my hunting arrows, I don’t care as long as I can hit a target and group at 20 and 30 yards.

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

About 8% on both my hunting and 3d arrows.

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I do have tha tool guide ta do it but I haven't done it since tha late 80's as my arrers would not make it. I have been gettin' some really good flight out of em'.

Please do entertain us with the thoughts on the Front Of Center weight system and how it works. thanks Smokes

4. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Entertain? I'm sure I can be entertaining at times, but this won't be one of them. :biggrin1:

I am wondering if everyone (or any) is concerned with it as I am ....or is it like paper tuning (over rated).

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

With arrows and vanes as light as they are now and point weights that have not changed (for me), I have not thought much about it and don't measure it or anything. It would be interesting to see the difference in the flight of arrows with different FOC percentages, all other things being equal (total arrow weight and length, same bow).

Ron

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

As long as the pointy thing hits the target I don't care.:peace:

7. tek

tek Senior Member

I started using more FOC (12% or higher) Seems like my groups are better and its a little more forgiving :noidea:

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Nope!! I never even worry about FOC . As long as I'm spined correctly and its paper tuned. I have never needed to worry about it.

9. 3dhunter

3dhunter Member

My FOC on ACC 3-60's are 11.04% with a total grain difference of 1.5. I worry more about my total grain difference, tuning and form more than anything.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I check it to make sure I have a minimum of 8-10%.....but after that, if they fly good, dont worry about it.....

11. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I think the same way.:rockon: