$ for new limbs

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by LABLEVENS, Mar 4, 2006.

1. LABLEVENS

LABLEVENS Member

My ? is ,I need new limbs for my Mathews Conquest is $160.00 a good price for new limbs ?

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I don't have my mathews prices here at home but that doesn't sound too far out of line.

3. LABLEVENS

LABLEVENS Member

4. Darrel

Darrel Member

If limbs are going to cost $160, you might want to try looking for a used bow. At out State indoor shoot last weekend, there were 2 great looking Conquest target bows for sale. They were asking $175 each for them.

Darrel

5. Darrel

Darrel Member

If limbs are going to cost $160, you might want to try looking for a used bow. At out State indoor shoot last weekend, there were 2 great looking Conquest target bows for sale. They were asking $175 each for them, and I 'm sure you could have taken them home for $150.

Darrel

6. Hypnotikk

Hypnotikk Junior Member

Why do u need new limbs? Are your old ones broken/spoiled? Are they no longer suitable for you? Do you wish to upgrade? Are u a new archer? Is the riser yours? Cause, to my knowledge, simply buying new arms are rarely worth it.

7. LABLEVENS

LABLEVENS Member

Hypnotikk,My bow has 40lb. limbs on them.I have Cerebral Palsey to my right side.I've been shooting at 40lbs. now for a year.My strenth in my right arm is getting stronger.I,am on a fixs income and limbs are less then a new bow..I would like to be around 53 lbs.I have a PSE that is set to 40lbs.,a Browning at 25lbs. and a Samick Korea bow set at 25lbs. and my Mathews.Bottom line I'm "CHEAP" Thank for the repy,Lynn

8. Hypnotikk

Hypnotikk Junior Member

Srry, I'm new at this. I guess I shouldn't have given advice on something I ain't too sure about. But this ol' veteran I shoot with just claims that if you were out to change your limbs to increase your poundage, you might as well, get the whole thing. Of course if you're on a tight budget, that's a whole other story. So, srry I can't help you there.

9. LABLEVENS

LABLEVENS Member

Hypnotikk,I would love a new bow and I may still buy one.I just got back from the shop and I'm able to pull 60lbs:rockon: So I did order 60lbs limbs.And please keep giving your advice,that why we post to get other folks input.I'm still a new to all of this.Thanks again for your help,Lynn

10. Hypnotikk

Hypnotikk Junior Member

Hehe thanx for being so nice at my ignorance. I'm new too. Actually I've only started shooting seriously about 2 months ago and got my own bow for about a month. So srry there. :peace: