Found something interesting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by SinGin, Dec 2, 2007.

1. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Found a muzzy 100 grain three blade broadhear in a deer that my dad shot during the Mo gun season. The head was kind of high in the left shoulder but didn't go in very far. the deer had no sign of the injury so it had to be from last year. Bunnyman is going to post the pics for me as soon as he gets a chance. First time we have ever found something like that in a deer.

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

hmm wonder if thats mine... :frusty:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sorry wasnt paying attention......:noidea:

by the way nice pen!!!!:peace:

4. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Thanks for the help Bunnyman. And they give the pens away at the Las Vegas Shoot.

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

A few years back one of my cousins killed a 6 point buck and to look at him he looked fine. We hung him up and started skinning him and somebody had previosly shot him in the side at least 4 times with a 22 rifle. The bullets had just penetrated the hide and was stuck in the muscle. The location of the bullets had a festered up place about 2-4" in diameter. They ended up throwing the deer away.

6. SinGin

SinGin Banned

This deer had a pretty bad infested area around the head but the rest of her was fine.

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

The first gun season in illlinois there was a buck shot that had been shot with an arrow a week ago by a friend of mine that he did not recover. He hit it very high and it was a steep downward shot. When we skinned the deer we found the mountec in the shoulder on the oppisite side of the entrance. When this deer was shot during gun season you could not tell at all that he was injured. No limp or nothing he acted totally normal. And to add to the story. Before he was harvested, he had been shot just under the spine 10 minutes previous by a slug. The person who finally harvested the deer said that he could not tell the deer had been wounded or just shot, and he had the deer at 10 yards when he shot. Them are some tough critters.

8. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

I'm sorry you might have already said but was there any part of an arrow shaft inside the deer? because it seems strange that the shaft would have spun off on its own.:noidea: Just wondering.

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Or some poor shooters:tape:

10. SinGin

SinGin Banned

No arrow parts to speak of. What is in the picture is exactly what we cut out of the deer. I wonder if she pulled on the arrow so much that it just stipped out the insert.

11. Cablegaurd21

I gues you just don't know...I've heard of deer being shot twice within one hour on the same day, never being recovered and then someone said they saw the same deer on a trail camera the following season....I don't know how a deer with two to four holes in it could survive but that what I've heard. I take it with a grain of salt most of the time but when I hear stuff like this it makes me wonder.:cool:

And by the way can I get my broadhead back?:noidea:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  12. SinGin

SinGin Banned

I guess deer don't know they are suppose to die when you shoot them. You can have the head back but you will need to replace the blades

13. Cablegaurd21

At least the Threads still look good.:dizzy:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah them threads are messed up......