Fred Bear Truth Or Fred Bear Code

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by VE6WTF, Jul 20, 2007.

1. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Guest

The only thing I do not like about the truth is the grip. Can this be changed?

I am looking at buying either of these bows. 490$ yank dollars for the code and 500$ for the truth. Should I spend the extra 10 bucks? LOL

Just wondering,... It would be GREAT if I could put say a Martin grip on the truth. But I dont know.

Thanks

Kyle

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Guest

Have you shot or got a good look at either of them?

3. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Guest

Thats the funny thing about shooting in AB,

WE HAVE NO BLOODY ARCHERY SHOPS WHERE I LIVE.

Besides.
    I dont mind doing the trade and buy deally.
    I do it with ham radio and cam out with an awesome station.

I dont know... From the pics that I have seen and the vids....
    The ONLY thing I dont like is the two peice wood handles

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Guest

I like a little longer ATA so I would probably go with the Code, but that's just me.

I'd like to get a look at both of them close up before I made up my mind though. I have liked the looks of that Code since they came out. If I was into single cams, I might would have to give one a hard look. ;)

Good luck with which ever you choose. I've seen good reviews on both. :thumb:

5. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Guest

So its a coin toss LOL
    okay well thanks guys...

One more question on the Truth Can it be possible to replace the handle?
    from a two peice wood to something softer?

6. J.C.

J.C. Active Member

I have the Code, because it goes to 31" draw. The truth seems nice, except for the ugly strings. :biggrin1: . You could take the side plates off and wrap the grip with one of those limbsaver wraps, I guess.

7. mihali98

mihali98 Guest

FRED BEAR CODE does anyone know if the cam is adjustable?

Hello i am new to archery and this site, i had just ordered a fred bear a few days ago and they sent me a 30" which is on my way, although i prefer 28" would i be able to adjust it at all without hving to buy anything? Please get back asap thanks

8. J.C.

J.C. Active Member

you'll have to change the draw length module to get to 28". they run about $12.

9. mihali98

mihali98 Guest

thank you very much but can i change it at all? Not adjustable at all? Will i have to bring it to a bow shop to do this? thanks

10. J.C.

J.C. Active Member

the cam has about 1/2" of adjustment but you need a bow press to be able to change it. any Bear dealer should have the module you need.