Fred Bear Truth: Question?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bforester, Jan 31, 2008.

1. bforester

bforester New Member

I heard on some other sites that there is a problem with the "Truth" bow being tough on strings and cables. Does anyone have any experiance with these problems or have heard such? The reason i'm asking is i got one for christmas and if there is somthing i can do to fix it before it happens that would be great. Thank for any help.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

there are a ton of bows that are hard on strings and cables......

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: to the forum....:wave:

I think the problem is the serving on the factory Bear strings isn't that great and tends to seperate. There's no design flaw that causes a problem. From everything I've heard, the Truth is a great bow.

4. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Yeah...i've had the same thing with my Instinct. It ate up the serving on 2 factory cables. Had guy at local shop make me a new cable and it seems to be holding up a little better. Good shooting bows though so i just keep shootin and check the serving often to make sure it's in decent shape.

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

another thing is maybe check the string track for burrs........:noidea:

6. pilot

pilot Senior Member

I checked it and as far as i can tell there aren't any. It almost seems more like the serving comes unravelled from the string instead of being cut. My best guess is that the draw module doesn't line up perfectly with the cam where the cable rolls over and it is catching it on the corner. But i'm not sure....it may just be the serving on the factory cables as you suggested. I haven't shot it as much since installing the custom cable i had made locally but it "appears" to be holding up better.