Full Quiver{MI.} Shoot for the Loot! last Sat each Month!

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussions' started by whitetail99, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

And while you are asking Santa for stuff, ask him for a new Mathews :rockon:

2. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

You coming to the shoot Slice?? We are carpooling from Dearborn Heights about 5pm if you want to catch a ride.:cool:

3. whitetail99

whitetail99 Guest

Mathews! I don't plan on shooting much ASA. :D

4. whitetail99

whitetail99 Guest

New news from Full Quiver web pages
    Shoot for the Loot
    with a MYSTERY GIFT

We even have Christmas Lights To Help Light the Way!

December 22nd 7pm

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I got to get some time to make one of these. A friend of mine shot there at one of there shoots with his new Monster Bow Pheonix. said it was awesome.

6. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Saturday!!!!! Be there!!!!

Posten, Battle Drum and myself will be making the trip.:peace: We are hoping to whop some mint chocolate chip butt.

7. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

What is the cost to shoot?

JIM

8. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

I wish I could, I have to pick up my son and brother from the airport on 12/22. One is coming in at 10:30 am and the other at 4:30 pm.

9. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

What's wrong with shooting my Mathews? Is it to fast... :noidea:

10. Pinwheel1969

Well, that wont work then. I'm on call this week. Though I havent got a call yet. It always happens when I leave the pager will go off..... Maybe next time I'll let you guys beat me... Though I dont shoot from the kiddie stakes:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

11. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Well, you missed the smackdown at LCSA, now your missing this one.... I think your running scared from the SE Mich group.:laugh:

Don't worry though, you might see us show up at the ASA event, with our worn out Mathews to whoop you on your own turf, with your own game.:laugh:

Or will you be on call that weekend to????:fencing: :D

Where are the chicken smilies when you need one???:noidea:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  12. Pinwheel1969

No I'll be there. I have to work the booth all weekend.

13. whitetail99

whitetail99 Guest

Well I guess it would be to fast for the Trad class or maybe the Cub division :D

I think the cost of the shoot will be $20 or $25.00

14. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Jim just needs to know, so he can ask his wife for some money to shoot.:doh:

Like the rest of us married guys!

15. Pinwheel1969

:Cry: :Cry: :laugh:

16. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

:laugh: :laugh: You are killing me man. I have never shot an ASA shoot and I thought the maximum fps was 280 (that is why everyone shoots those slow hoyts and dartons). If you want speed I would bring the X-Force and get the arrows down to 5 gpp and it will set fire to the targets as it pass through them at 340ish. :lol:

17. whitetail99

whitetail99 Guest

280 FPS thing is for the slow bow events. The IBO doesn't have any speed limits as long as your shooting at least 5 grains per # of draw weight. But be carefully. If you shoot well they will do a equipment check. Yes they have a 2 # grace weight. I have been at shoots and there scales were off by 2# and nearly disqualified me. Now I shoot 8-10 grains heavy just to stay safe. When I max specs arrows out on my Darton Pro3000 I can get 335 FPS.

18. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

Sorry for my ignorance, but speed does not matter as long as you are within the 5 gpp limit (I'm at 5.42 gpp)? I have never been to an ASA shoot, I have only shot MASO shoots.

19. whitetail99

whitetail99 Guest

In MASO you don't need to use either max speeds or minimum arrow grain weights. Pretty much anything goes if you want to shoot it in your class. I favor the MASO style of events that blend some of the best ASA and IBO guide line together. MASO leaves out some of the rules and guide lines that are not needed or the vast majority of shooters. By the way I was not messing with you on the rules. A lot of 3D shooters think that the 280 FPS thing does apply to other events out side of ASA. I an more interested in getting people to shoot than come up with ways that restrict how they shoot.:frusty:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  20. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

Thanks, I would much rather do it right then get burned after I shoot. I plan on going to the January shoot just to meet some of the forum people. I am having a new set of strings put on the first week on January so I need to shoot so I can get use to them. So if I need to adjust my poundage to slow my Mathews down, this would be a good time.