Funny thing happened.......

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Feb 5, 2008.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so the other day i was getting the Prestige set back up for 3D........

so i was taking some settling in shots w/my truball, and man i gotta tell you....

after shooting the Evo the last 3-4 weeks........

Man that Tru ball is hard to get to go off.....

First couple of times I really had all i could do to get it to go off.......

I may work on shooting the truball for 3d and the Evo for spots......

I am really geeting the idea of back tention, easier than I thought I would:noidea:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ha

Shoot an XForce all the preasure of holding that thing back will make you back shoot faster:lol:

3. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I have been shooting the evo for a while and I think it is great for a training tool, but I just can't shoot it well enough to shoot spots with it. Going back to the Insatiable is an easy transition for me....

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I got one but just have not used it much yet

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

so you've switched to tension now? I've heard a lot of people say they have issues with standard releases once they go to tension... I've never played with it though so :noidea:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I havent "SWITCHED", I am not confident enough in it to hunt........

I will most likely still use the Tru-ball to hunt with, and for now I will use it on the Prestige......

7. Hook Em

I haven't had that problem as of yet....getting the evo to go off is much harder for me. I have the trigger on my thumb release set much lighter, therefore it goes off quicker and I don't have to aim as long. since the evo is harder for me to make go off (because of where I have set the spring), it is teaching me to aim longer. Don't get me wrong, I still stink but I am beginning to stink a little less....I think

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I too have noticed this........I never use to hold on target this long.......and it feels better everytime I use it.........

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

How long are you guys holding? I think the arrow should be gone in 4 to 6 seconds.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I bet that after I settle in its like 6-7 maybe 8 seconds and its on its way

11. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

26.7 seconds....:peace:

12. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I think we've found the root of your problem........:doh:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA................HA

that and hoyt:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

14. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm not shooting the Evo but the Revo...lution.

I found that once I am on target, and safety is removed, it's 4-4.5 seconds for me. This gives me the best groups.

15. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I tried the Evo but could never get the hang of it....probably gave up to soon.:noidea:

I ended up trading it for a nice scope.:peace:

16. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I have a tru-ball gold back tension coming in the mail any day and am nervous about getting started with it. I have a friend who is very knowledgeable about BT and knows his stuff who is going to help me out. I wish I had someone give me some lessons when I first started shooting so I wouldn't have so many bad habits to get rid of.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you and me both buddy..........

18. Hook Em

You mean get it close and then punch isn't how you are supposed to learn :noidea:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:noidea: :noidea:

20. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

You know me pretty good, I've actually got the timing of the punch down pretty good.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: