Fuse Strings

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hkdfrlife, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Well I guess the verdict is in on my new set of fuse strings. They s.....! Hoyt sent a new set to replace the ones that origialy came on my Trykon. They lasted abut 4 weeks and the buss cable and slave cable are coming apart at the cable guard slide. 2-3 strands are broken on each one. Ordered a new set of winners choice, which is what I should have done in the first place. Here it is, the middle of deer season and I've got to shoot in a new set of strings. I would have changed when the first set failed, but the local pro shop talked to Hoyt and they sent a new set free of charge. So I went with them instead. Should have known better. Anyone else got any horror stories about their Fuse equipment?

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Well darn it Doc I'm sorry to hear of this right in the middle of season. I hope things get staightened out for you soon. Heck hang up that Hoyt and setup that Apex for hunting.:biggrin1: Good luck buddy.

3. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Actally, I took the recurve out this weekend. Had a ball!! I'ts nice to hunt with a bow that only weighs 2.5 lbs loaded. So I really didn't miss the Trykon that much. Thanks, Frank I really have been thinkin about shooting the Apex . It's just I'd hate to mess up that pretty paint job, if ya know what I mean

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have a question.......how is the inside of your cable slide......wear the string rides.....sure theres no burrs?......