Fuze Strings

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hkdfrlife, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

The strings on my Trykon don't seem to be holding up very well. Only had it a couple months ans they're already beat to pieces. Peep keeps moving around also. Seems to be a lot of stretch or a no stretch string. Lookin at Stone Mountain replacements, but i've heard some good talk about Bucknastys. What's the word out there?

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've heard good stuff about BuckNasty's strings but have no personal experience with them... i know Vapor Trail strings are top notch and the strings Cracker makes are awesome.

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I have a Winner's Choice and it has been holding up very well.
    It's about 8 months old I guess and I probably shoot about 75 to 100 arrows a week average unless there's a 3d shoot on a upcoming weekend. The center serving had to be replaced but other than cleaning/waxing I'm satisfied.

Ron

4. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Hoyt/Fuse strings

I was at the pro shop last night and Tom told me he talked to Hoyt about the strings on my Trykon. They are sending a new set of strings and cables for him to put on at no charge. sure hope they hold up better than the first set:amen:

5. Radar

Radar Story of my life

When I got my Trykon XL, the strings did'nt hold up well at all but I had a burr on my cam. Hoyt sent a new cam and new strings and cables and they have been hold'n up well

6. bengapple

bengapple Junior Member

Fuze strings leave alot to be desired

I shoot three Hoyts, Tyrkon for hunting, Tyrkon XL for 3D, UltraElite for spots, my wife shoots a Selena for hunting and an UltraTec for 3D, she hates spots. The frist thing I do when I get a Hoyt is replace those @#$%$$% Fuze strings with Winners Choice. While all strings turn some, yeah here comes the flame, the WCs seem to turn the least. The WCs seem to hold up pretty good to our active shooting schedule. Just my TCW.