G5 Striker Broadhead

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Skewtir, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Skewtir

Skewtir New Member

So I'm looking for a new broadhead to try and I've read great reviews (4.9-5.0 stars) about the G5 Striker broadhead. Do any of you use, or have used, the G5 Striker and what are your thoughts?

100gr or 125gr...doesn't matter.

2. Stratcat

Stratcat Junior Member

Sorry to say I never got a shot hunting with mine as the deer I shot were with Montecs. I tested them and took a couple along to hunt with but just never got a shot with them when there turn came up.
    But, The are super sharp- blades change out easily and most important to me they
    fly with my field points and are quiet in flight. I hope to get a chance this season to shoot through one with them.

3. bpbowhunter

bpbowhunter New Member

I also have not taken any game with them, but they are scary sharp and flew perfect out of my Allegiance. Like stated before blade replacement is simple and quick. They will be in my quiver again this Fall season.

4. Skewtir

Skewtir New Member

Yeah, I've heard they fly like or very close to your field points, are extremely sharp, hold their blades well and are very durable...I guess it can't hurt to give 'em a try in a few weeks for turkey season :D

Thanks!

5. RxBowhunterKS

RxBowhunterKS Paddle in water

I used them this year

I shot one buck with them and they did the trick. I am hoping for more field testing before my trip to Colorado for elk in September so NE and KS turkeys will have to be the targets. I wish I had tagged this guy before he broke his
    G3 on his left side. He lost 6-8" from that tine alone. 130 6/8 gross.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008