g5 tekan broadheads?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by agdave112, Sep 2, 2008.

1. agdave112

agdave112 Junior Member

do you like them. a buddy of mine bought some and isnt going to use them. he said i could have them for half price. what do yall think of them?

2. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

the way they work- they'll eat up your inserts when they expand.

3. agdave112

agdave112 Junior Member

oh not good. thanks for the info.

4. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

They come with steel washers to keep your insert from getting beat up, you buddy want to trade for some mx-3 muzzys or sell the tekans?

5. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Just for my own information, can you guys explain this a little more.....i don't see it. :noidea:

6. duckslayer870

duckslayer870 New Member

tekan BHs com with a small washer to protect the insert. I switched to them after seeing what they do on several deer. I like the fact that they are solid stainless instead of rivited together like some. they also tend to fly very true.:peace:

7. hunter2678

hunter2678 New Member

Just recieved my tekan IIs & after inspecting them I was worried that the tip might not be as sturdy as the originals are. They look solid to me and should be able to hold up without curling over against heavy bone. They open with the same amt of pressure for each head. Glad the blades are .40 too! Fit and finish are great. Although I must say that I think the blades could use a bit of extra sharpening. Other than that I cant wait to use them!!