Geek

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Holy Smokes, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Look at me I am a computer Geek Now:humble: :clap2: :pound: :smokin: Holy Smokes check out <arrows> thread

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

ummm I think you may have a little bit of a way to go before you can get to that point but your moving along nicely!

Some general criteria you must meet to be able to qualify as geek:

1. Know at least 3 operating systems... and have them all running at the same time

2. Have at least 2 inactive comps that are not being used and are in some state of disassembly

3. have at least 100 or more CD's of crap laying around.

4. Know what Wolf 3d looked like... and how to beat it

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I guess I will never be a geek.....

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Good job HS your coming along nicely.

5. Holy Smokes

Now if I could just figure out how to put all those do da s in my post that automatically go on it just like you big guys do>:Cry: :dizzy: Holy Smokes

6. Holy Smokes

Dreadly what is a operating system, I had'nt meet any I know yet. HS

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

You crack me up Smokes!!:lol: You've come a long way, just take baby steps. You don't want to overdo it:dizzy:

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

it is the system that you are operating on

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I still have a Commodore VIC 20 with 32K of memory and a Commodore 64...
    Beat that...
    :laugh:

Ron

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I still have a commodore 64... don't have the VIC

But I DO have a Packard Bell Legend series 486 DX 66 (we upgraded from SX 33) w/ 4 mb of RAM, a 180 mb hard drive, quad speed CD-ROM (we upgraded) and an ultra fast 14.4 Kb Creative modem

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

easy for you to say.....
    I am not following.......:peace:

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, the VIC was great... Packard Bell sold a ton of those 486 DX 66 machines. Funny, I don't have any old PC's at all that are obsolete but I have a VIC 20 and a 64. I have no idea why I kept those but go figure. Sentimental value I guess. I also have the cassette tape drive for those (lightning fast, 290 fps:laugh: ), a floppy drive for the 64 (even faster), a CPM (Z80) cartridge for the 64 (2Mhz !) and the Commodore analog monitor. I also have a ton of 64 and CPM software that's absolutely worthless.

My brother has a Commodore 128 ! That's a rare bird... Commodore bombed out soon after they released that machine.

My 'PC' is a Dell D-610 laptop. I don't own a desktop anymore.

Having said all that I don't consider myself a Geek. Just goofy...

Ron

13. big scores

big scores banned from AT

I thought you were talking about this GEEK. My mistake.

14. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

OMG you just described me and my desk!!! I've been GEEKED!!! Help!!:faint: :eek:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

looks like that pic was taken in a Cabelas......by the way who might she be....just wondering....

16. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I still have my old Texas instruments TI-99-4A, and a 70 somethin' RCA game sys w/ PONG!!!!!:biggrin1:

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Cool ! Pong ! I didn't know anyone who had a TI-99. One of my buddies in High school had a Radioshack computer with a goofy Octal keypad on the front of it. Talk about GEEK !

I had one of the generic Sears/Montgomery Wards version of Pong. I was one cool dude back then in the old neighborhood. Now I don't even know how to use a Playstation, let alone own one... My kids do have every conceivable computer game system ever made. I'm surprised one of them has not taken on a couple more jobs to pay for a Playstation 3. Did you see on the news that those things are going for $8K on eBay ?

Crazy stuff I say...

Ron

18. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Computers

I've got a desktop Maseratti that the Gov't gives me to use. I drive it back and forth to my mailbox and out to3Dshoots.com. It's about all I can handle:frusty:

19. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Let's see now

2) I have a couple of comp's laying around.....an old mathews and a broken BowTech.
    3) 100 or more cd's.....no problem, I love country music
    4) don't have a wolf 3d would a coyote work instead?

Looks like I jsut need to work on #1 and I'am there :biggrin1: