Getting my grandson started

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by MoSkeeter0311, Dec 25, 2007.

1. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

My grandson finally got my daughter to agree to let him start hunting with me. (my EX-wife was anti-hunting and raised her to be the same). He's 16 and a big kid. I'll take care of the bow buying part with him but what I am looking for is some DVD's to help explain parts such as Finding and recognizing bedding areas, feeding areas, proper placement of stands etc. Due to time constraints right now, I am unable to start him in the woods right away and want some DVD's for him to watch until we get a chance to go out. As least then he'll have some basic knowledge. Can anyone suggest some good titles? And maybe include here what your basic techiques are. (Act like you're going into an area you've never been to before):noidea:

2. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Topographic maps on the computer will usually show farmland, crops and streams. Maybe a low spot in a ridgeline indicating a likely crossing spot.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

lots of the hunting Magizines have how to and where to hang your stands and alot of the other stuff.....

4. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

PM at ya MoSkeeter

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Thats G-R-E-A-T.................

I do not know of any DVD's to refer you to. But if you would like some magazines for him I have a bunch of em I could get together and send you I'll even cover the shipping if he is interested. I am very happy to hear you are getting to teach him hunting.:peace: