getting my second bow

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by jessetjames, Oct 15, 2007.

1. jessetjames

jessetjames Junior Member

ok so i got a ( Bear Ultra Lite) a while back and I'm selling it for 60 dolors. It comes with a trigger release, one arrow (I lost the others lol), sight, arrow rest, and quiver. should i increase the price or not?

anyways I'd like a new bow that can pull at least 50lb if not more. I was wondering what bow I should get? Since I don't have a ton of money I only can spend 100 or more depending on how much I sell my bow for. I know It's not a lot of money to spend on a bow but It's what I got since I own a horse. so what bow should i get?

ps. I'm selling it because its to small for me and only goes up to 45lb.

thanks for your time and help

JessetJames

2. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Sell the horse.:lol: :lol:

3. jessetjames

lol Heck NO! ha ha ha. but i mean cant i buy an OK lol bow for 150? and what do you think of the pricing of my crappy bow im selling lol.

4. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

After You sell the bow I would wait and save up a little more and buy the bow I want. No sense buying something you might not like. You sound young and have plenty of time. No sense throwing good after bad. Save a little more and get what you want. When the new bows come out (soon) you'll start seeing more adds for used bow and even newer one's :welcome:

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I agree with skeeter, just save up some cash and buy a bow you really like. No sense in buying a bow you wont be happy with, for $150 your selection of quality bows is pretty much 0. I am sure there are some garage sale pse's out there, but you will be in the same place you are now next season. Just save up.

6. RedFletchings

RedFletchings Member

Hey Jesse..

Why dont you get a nice Sterner Duttera to go with those Cedar Hill Archery Strings.

Nice muley buddy.

Mike

7. jessetjames

what do you guys think of the ONEIDA Eaglei found it for 125. or is it a crappy bow?

other then that ill just save up. what bow do you guys recommend for a beginner?

8. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

I know Oneida bows "can" be crazy loud, I would shoot one first. As far a a beginner bow that depends on you and your likes/dislikes. your best bet is to go to your local archery shop and shoot that way you can find out what bow feels most comfortable. Good luck!

9. jessetjames

so are they decent or should i save my mony. lets say if its not to loud?

10. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

:lol: ...or rob another train:lol: :lol: .....just kidding.:wave:

11. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

This is omo....but look at some fred bear bows...element-instint....right now the new line is comming out and there's several places that have lowered their prices on last years model...go on line and look at bowhunterssuperstore.com....got some great prices on their bows.GL

12. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

13. jessetjames

i have like 150 possibly 220 to 250?

im selling the bow to my friends bro do you guys think its a good price or could i rise it

14. jessetjames

i found a mathews FX for 140

and a hoyt enticer for 100

are any of them good bows wich one should i get?

15. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

That Matthews looks like a nice bow. sounds like an ok price. thiers one on ebay loaded for $200.00. I don't know much about hoyt.