Getting our Black Brothers involved

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Holy Smokes, Jan 23, 2007.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Smokes I love you brother. I don't believe you have a racist bone in your body. I think that bowman and myself (living in Sharpton Land) are just alittle gun shy...

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I can see why on that account. Man if folks would just let us get along. HS

3. whitetail99

whitetail99 Guest

Culture changes? I am a blue collar worker. I live out in the country. I work my butt off. I have a attractive wife. I have two young and very promising children. I have two dogs. I build things and fix them when needed. I try to be kind to all unless I have to be other wise. When I look around I see many of the same characteristics in my neighbors. Over time we make choices and those choices steer our destination in life. The color of your skin is only one factor in life. Hunting for most is expensive and only getting more expensive as years pass. I would like to think the instinct to hunting was something i was born with. As a adult I persuaded it.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

this thread is useless without pics......:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

just so you know, I am only kidding.....

5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

You jokester you .HS

6. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

The NASCAR manifesto....

I think part of the problem with getting anybody involved is the stigma that bow hunting and archery have. That is it's part of the GOB network. Think about it... lets go huntin' with Bubba & Cooter....... scenes of Deliverance play in my head..... How inviting is that??? No some could contend that Deliverance was a love story.... but that is another thread. I know that really isn't all like that but what does the general public see or perceive?
    I wish we had some TV coverage of a FITA event maybe from overseas.... We'd see all peoples represented. I believe that the NASP program will help tremendously but is it being brought to city schools? Could the NASP bring some 3D targets to get kids interested in shooting animals? I know my kids LOVE shooting foam (mmmmm... foam, it's what's for dinner!) There will also be a time lag between when the kids in the program become adults.

Just a couple of thoughts.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you are a wise man.....and very smart also.....

8. whitetail99

whitetail99 Guest

Life's true inspiration

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yes, attractive is deffenitly a word that I would use also.....:biggrin1:

10. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

huh???

BOWMAN,

I've been accused of and called many things...... those two haven't made the list. Thanks amigo, very kind words indeed. :eek:

-two_shoes