Getting started

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by AJM, Nov 15, 2007.

1. AJM

AJM Junior Member

Hi Everyone,

Would like to get into shooting a bow. Never have. There are a few shops around my area (Northern MA/Southern NH). I figure that I will seek their advice but was wondering if any of you folks might have some recommendations. Would probably casual /target shoot more than hunt. May or may not hunt at all. Like to learn about draw weights etc. I have read Matthews and Hoyt are good. Don't really know.

Thanks,

AJM

2. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

Welcom to the forum :welcome:

I just got bake into bowhunting this year. I would recomend going to a pro shop and looking at what they have to offer. Buy what you can afford that feels good in your hand. Shoot some of the bows and go from there. The pro shop should help you out with your draw wt and draw length.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum. Post up anything we can help you with. Lots of great peeps around here. Best to go to local proshops and have them measure you, Draw Length and Draw Weight. You do not want to use improper equipment. As for bows, shoot as many as possible. Lots of good ones out there. Also may want to check the classifieds here and on Archerytalk.

PSE
    HOYT/REFLEX
    MATHEWS/MISSION
    FRED BEAR
    BOWTECH/DIAMOND
    ROSS
    MARTIN
    DARTON

All make very nice bows. Good luck and have fun.:peace:

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome...
    Scott's right, start at the pro shop, shot a bunch of different bows and see what feels best to you.
    As for a good bow, all the equipment out there today is pretty equal. It mostly boils down to personal preference...
    Keep us posted...:biggrin1:

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep!

What he said and :welcome: Lot of great Advice here just ask.:wave:

6. AJM

AJM Junior Member

Thans very much for the responses and especially the welcomes!! I am sure I will have a lot of questions

AJM

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

cant go wrong, with just about anything these days......:noidea: