Going Left

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by lasse5214, Jul 16, 2008.

1. lasse5214

lasse5214 New Member

I have been shooting for around 16 months now. All the time right hand. My dominat eye is the left.
    I was at the eye doc not long ago and he told me that my right eye is much weaker than my left.
    So i decide to try left hand shooting and wonder if i could have some tips here.
    Would it altso be an ide to start shooting with a hinge backtension release?
    Thanks

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sorry no tips here.....I have the same problem and refuse to shoot lefty. I'm stubborn like that, you know.:laugh: :peace:

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:welcome:
    Let us know how it works out for you :wave:

4. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I have never tried shooting left handed but if I did I would start from scratch and only use back tension. Otherwise, I know I would pick up some bad habits. I would start from the beginning and make sure my form and the release was good so I hopefully would not pick up any bad habits.

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

If you went with a release like a Carter Solution 3, which has both a hinge type back tension mode as well as a thumb trigger mode you might find that pretty flexible. You would have to use a rope loop on the string or a release rope on the release though. I started using one of those some time back and I'm still having some growing pains because I am used to shooting right off the string with a cushion button below the arrow nock.

Hope that helped some.

Ron

6. Russellh2o

Russellh2o New Member

lefty?

what about Lasik ? my insurance paid half and set me up with a good lasik center..

7. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I was thinking along those lines as well. I've thought about trying a thumb release but I'd drop it out of my stand for sure! :doh:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  8. Bozwell

Bozwell Rytera Rocks!

My son is left eye dominant

He shoots guns Left handed

Golfs Right handed

Shoots bows Left handed