Gold Tip 5575 XT's

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Sep 25, 2007.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Just bought another dozen uncut bare shafts for $58! And they are camo!!!!:dance: :whoo:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

bragger..............have at um, I never cared for gold tip....:noidea:

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

What do you shoot? Maximas?

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

all CX....

Maximas for hunting.....
    linejammers for 3-d....
    cxl2's for indoor.....

Listen I didnt mean that Gold tip was no good, I just meant they never where my thing...:noidea:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Thye suck now. I've shot GT for years and they are definately going down hill due to production moving to Mexico, strnegth is nowhere near what they had before and their supply and production sucks

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I wasnt bashing, just so everyone knows.....

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

got some gold tip haters I see, the ones I bought still say made in usa on the label mabey they are old overstocks????:fencing:

8. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

"tenden dem wabitts?"

:caked: Hey bunnyman, where you at? Are the maximas that much better? I've only shot 1 I found in the range with 1 fletching, it was a 350 and some how it made it to the target.......:tape: Was pretty cool to watch!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Are you sure they say MADE in the USA and not ASSEMBLED in the USA? All production of the shafts for GT went to Mexico but they put the fletching, nocks, and inserts in somehwere in the US so they can still claim US. Since then all the GT's I've bought have been weak.

I have 7595's that are weaker then old 5575's. I've lose 7595's to rotten wood. Even my Ultralights survived it..

They have also COMPLETELY shut down production TWICE in the last year and a half or so due to issues with quality.

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Wow, I shoot mine all the time and they are doing fine, I shot one into my neighbors fence the other day,:tape: 60 yards drifted little too high on my riverbottom buck and BOOM! It was a chore gettin it out of his fence. I see why you guys are down on GT's, im shooting 5575 xt's out of my trykon at 65 lbs with a 29" draw. About the max you can go on a 5575 and the arrow doesn't behave as an underspinned arrow would.:noidea:

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Getting down on them because their quality is dropping quickly. My 7595's should be much more durable then my 5575's and they are not.

If you need replacement arrows you are depending on pure luck in getting them. My local dealer gets about a shipment once every other month. He has stopped selling them unless people specifically request them and won't go with something else.

There have been confirmed reports on AT and at my local dealer of arrows coming in mismarked, different kinds of arrows in bundles (Hunters and Pro's in the same bundle), huge variances in their weights way above what is advertised... basically they are just not good anymore.

The last "shut down" was mid spring I think and lasted like 2 months. during that time NO arrows were shipping. I think they shut GT down again last month or so and very few arrows were shipping (backlogged supply)

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

My 2 local shops had the same problems. One of them stopped selling them and the other one is going to sell what they have and then just sell inserts and nocks for those guys who are already/still using them. I just had this conversation a couple of weeks ago.

As I understand it, they moved shaft production to Mexico to reduce labor related expense. They began having all kinds of quality problems. They shut that down and moved it, as I understand it, back to the US. Where I don't know.

The upshot is that I have been shooting Easton and CX arrows for quite a while and never had a quality issue with either one.

For my personal safely, and those around me, I'll stick with what has a proven track record.

My 2 cents...

Ron

13. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

I realize my opinion is worthless, but I've shot them for two years now and really like them...they even survived double-lunging the barn more than a couple times :doh:

14. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

You and I are hoyt and gold tip shooters, mabey everyone should just buy a hoyt???:tape: :noidea:

15. hoyt_hunter007

haha, if geronimo had shot a hoyt, we'd all be speaking apache :amen:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

do you believe the crap your spewing??:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

17. hoyt_hunter007

Dont be hatin'....I havent been insulting mathews much lately :p

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

not hating just wondering.......