gold tip weight with the bowtec bow help

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by trinibob, Aug 25, 2008.

1. trinibob

trinibob New Member

ok now that i have retired the proline riptide 70# 30 inch draw lenth I need some help with the new stick regarding arrows.

replacing this fine shooting stick is a 2007 bowtec commander that i got a smoking deal on !!
    now my question to all my bow pals out there 5 grains per pound is the IBO standard
    my last bow shot verry well with good old XX78 but trying to get more out of the old dog i switched to gold tip 5575 with 125 gr tips "i also shoot 125 grain muzzys".
    did not shoot well from the old bow so they bumped me up to 7595 witch puts me at about 409grain arrow.
    my new is a 70# bow with a 30 " arrow.
    shooting my old bows arrows "7595 gold tip at 409grains " will i bennifet more by droping down to 100gr tip or should i look in to a diffrent shaft weight and also drop to a 100gr tip??
    I want this new bow to shoot hard and flat it is my gunting and 3D bow
    my draw lenth is a bit longer that the slip that came with the bow but the bow shot 301 fps with a 350gr arrow at 71 lbs and a 29"draw lenth.

any help will be helpfull so sock it to me.
    p.s the reason i went with this bow #1 i like long bows #2 draw lenth.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

This may help with some of your questions about speed and KE. I can say that there is an arrow wt that will yeild the most speed and KE that your bow can give you. Too much and your speed will go down, too little and your KE will go down. My 82nd Airborne shoots real well with a 380 - 390 grn arrow. Best speed and KE that the bow can do. Running my bow on the 2nd link.

380 grn arrow @ 311 fps = 81.63 KE
    420 grn arrow @ 298 fps = 82.4 KE

40 grns of change only made 1.2 ftlbs of KE change, but 13 fps slower. There is a trade off, just have to figure out which you want more of.

http://www.archeryhq.com/kin.htm
    http://bucklemke.com/ke/ke.php

3. fstgstdsmpay

fstgstdsmpay Adam of Archery Outfitter

OK 75-95 or way overspined. if you switch it over to 100gr your making that arrow even stiffer. You dont want to be to overspined, my advise is if your sticking with your current arrows then remain with the 125 tips. If you want a blazin Bow your going to need to get some new arrows.

4. trinibob

trinibob New Member

Well this is what I came up with today.
    The guy at Bay archery says that im spined good for this bow I.E shooting the 30inch Gold tip 7595 and that dropping back down to 5575 Gold tip is not necessary.
    For all its worth who do you trust I just want the best flying arrow that I can get with what I can shoot accurately within the limits of the bow.
    What we got was a 7595 GT weighing 400gr using a 100 gr tip fps average 293.
    Verses the 5575 Gold Tip coming in at 375 grs using a 100 gr tip fps average 302.
    Both cut to 30 inches.
    I have never balanced arrows but I also have never used carbon much till the last two years.
    If I go back with the 125grain tips you can see that the arrows that still have some of (7595Gold Tip) will be pushing in the 425 grain range I just don’t want a front heavy arrow that will not fly for beans!
    :noidea: :noidea:

5. jfox

jfox New Member

Here is a link to the gold tip sizing chart the terms 5575 and 7595 can be missleading. I shot 5575 400spine with 66 lbs of pull 28 inches long 85 and 100 grain tips and you couldn't pay one of them to fly striaght. Did not go back with GT, went with a 340 spine easton. does great. I have mine dialed down to the 280 for ASA shoots. I guess what Im trying to say is sometimes fast is not accurate.

http://www.goldtip.com/downloads/2006sizing-chart.pdf

6. trinibob

trinibob New Member

shot some video of my shooting both gr tips with the 7595 arrwos will edit some tonight and post this weekend i think the 100 shoot better.

7. harleyryder

harleyryder bowhunter, Pure-n-Simple

I have a 30" draw @ 67 lbs and shooting GT 5575 with a 85 Gr point, shoots well.100 grain points opened my groups up and 125 grain was hopeless