Good 3d setup

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by arkansaspondhopper, Mar 5, 2006.

1. arkansaspondhopper

arkansaspondhopper Junior Member

just wanting some suggestions on a good all around 3d setup. any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

First off let me say WELCOME.
    If your talking bow, arrows, stabilizer, sight, rest, etc, that will all be personal preferance, as what works for me or Frank (not singleing you Frank) or billy bob, will not always work for everyone. I like a moveable sight, some like pins, it is all personal and i am afraid alot of us are still learning by trial and error. My self included. Was shooting today w/ two guys shooting martins w/shoot thru cable designs and they both shot them fairly well, me on the other hand shot my Switchback, and did as well. It will all depend on a number of things. I have become fairly good at judging distance and am comfortable shooting my bow at 63lbs, it only shoots 257. Shot a 260 out of 280 today (first shoot this year). If you want to see what makes a good 3-d rig go to a shoot and stand in the parking lot and see all the different equipment people take out of their vehicle. It all makes a good 3-d set up, just practice and get really good at judging distance.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006

3. arkansaspondhopper

arkansaspondhopper Junior Member

bowman,

thanks for the info, but was wondering more along the lines of what brands of scopes, stabilizers, etc. you, billy bob, randy joe, and everyone else use.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

For now:
    Switchback (05)
    CopperJohn scardey cat
    HHA optimizer lite 5500 W/4power lens
    30"doinker
    STS
    Carbon Express Linejammers
    Quikspins

5. BIGHAWK

BIGHAWK Junior Member

04 hoyt protec
    spot hogg hoggit
    gold key premier rest
    a bomb 11.5 in
    gold tip pro 22 series
    4 inch dura vanes low profile

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

My future setup hopefully

Swithback XT
    Whisker Biscuit
    Copper John Dead Nuts 5 Pin
    S-Coil
    Easton Fatboy 400w/Blazers

Alot of different info here so you will just need to see what fits you the best.

Frank

7. Tim Hansen

Tim Hansen Member

Hoyt vipertech
    Gold tip pro hunters 5575
    10" fuse stabilizer
    Copper john dead nuts 5pin hunter

8. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

37" CSS Challenger P1 Cam w/ LT 2.9 in Blue and Silver
    Toxonics 7200 hi-helix sight
    Toxonics Retnia Burner Scope x4
    Golden Key Infinity
    Gold tip 22 Series Ultra Pros
    Cartel 30" ACC Stabilizer
    10 deg knuckle
    Tru Ball Trail Boss and Short and Sweet

This is my 3-D setup.:cool:

9. pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh Member

I'm shooting a BowTech Constitution. Long ata at 40", good brace height at 8 1/4", and good speed. A little over 300 at 60#, 29". The Old Glory is also a good 3D bow. 37" ata, 8" brace. If you like a bit shorter bow, the Allegiance is 33 3/4", with 7" brace. All three are very quiet, accurate, and vibration/recoil is very low. There are alot of good bows out there. Something will click for you.