Good Price??

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Liberty05, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Liberty05

Liberty05 Junior Member

Hey guys this is my first bow that i have purchased. It is a 2005 Bowtech Liberty.
    2months old, It came with a Trophy Ridge Dropzone rest, quiver, release, and hard case. It was $500 even for that. Good deal? I have it set at 67# till i build up a little muscle then plan to bump it up to 70+. Did i get a good deal or get ripped off?

2. joekidd

joekidd Member

Sounds like you got a good deal to me.

3. Ransombow

Ransombow Junior Member

Sounds like a killer deal.... Just a hint of advice, do not be afraid of dropping the bow to 65# or even a bit lower to get used to it. Just me mindful of the owners manual and how low you can safely lower the poundage. Once you start to shoot the bow consistently, you will raise the poundage.(or maybe not..)

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The Liberty is a great shooting bow. Super smooth. I think you did fine on the price.

5. Liberty05

Liberty05 Junior Member

Thanks guys, ya i had it set on 70 and shot it several times but started struggling....successfully but struggling. So i cranked it down to 67 and plan on moving it up in a few weeks or so.

6. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Sounds like a great price. NOw do yourself a favor and drop the weight even lower. Like down around 60# and raise the weight slowly over the summer. If you want to get the best out of the bow then you should be able to shoot 60-100 arrows out of it without getting tired.

7. Liberty05

Liberty05 Junior Member

I shot 80 times today and my collar bone is a little sore. But other than that im fine with 67.