good target bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by olympian300, Feb 13, 2007.

1. olympian300

olympian300 Junior Member

I am wondering what would be a good target bow that I could get that is an actual good bow, I would like some opinions on which bow is a good one, I have a hunting bow, and I want some opinions on the best target bow. please post opinions.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what kind of target shooting will you be doing????

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

And what is you price range??

4. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

There are A lot of options out there.
    Mathews Ovation, Apex, Apex 7, Conquest 4,
    Bowtech Constitution, Commander.
    Those are A few options that you could look at but they are not cheap. Good luck, Danny

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

If you are just getting into target archery you can keep the entire setup under 700.00 by buying everything used. I just about finished my target bow and I'm looking at about 650.00 total, my buddy just started building his on a Pearson Gen 2 and it looks like he'll come in around the 700 mark.

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I'm setting up a Darton Vegas, and I should be under $600...Probably less than half of a new setup...It just takes alittle longer to find deals...

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

For me it would be either:

Mathews Apex 7,Apex,Conquest 4

Bowtech Constitution

Hoyt Pro-elite,38 Pro

Martin S4 Sceptor

PSE MOJO

I know thats alot of different options but oh so much fun to shop around for.:peace:

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I was looking at the MOJO and the Sceptor...but I got a great deal on the Darton

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I ended up going with an 05 Ovation for my target setup. Slow but shoots REAL smooth and I'm not using it for 3-D so I wasn't worried about speed. I'll use my OG for 3-D and crank the poundage up to 72 or so, get a 360 gr arrow and sling it at 310 FPS ;P

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

The S4 is supposed to be an amazing bow... but the price tag matches it. I could have gotten a used Apex 7 for 550 or so which was still out of my price range, cheapest S4 I found was about 600 i think....

when you limit yourself to 350 or less for the bow your options get limited as well.

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yep...If I had $1500 to spend I could have a sweet new setup...:Cry:

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

instead we have sweet used setups where somone else ate 1/2 the cost! :rockon:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

Very good point, its nice to think someone else paid for 1/2 of your bow.

So tell us how is the Slovation shooting??

I found a Black Cherry Icon for sale!!!! But then you guys would say I shot a Pink bow.:doh:

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

No...Your's would be a manly shade of cherry...:biggrin1:

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Stupid Mathews still hasn't gotten the cams over here so its still not setup :mad: I shot it at 29" last night and it is defiantely a smooth shooting bow, however without a peep it makes it a little hard to aim and the 40+ AtA puts the top cam almost to the floor boards so I decided to put it down after the first shot

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

17. Alex

Alex Member

I shoot mostly 3-D and target for fun and i got a Switchback XT and sure-loc supreme sights with a viper scope with x4 mag. i love it still gettin used to 80 % let-off and all that not shooting too great with it but im only pulling 46 pounds because im young but i love the bow. The reason i got the switchback is for hunting and target when hunting comes around i will swith everything around.

18. Hoyt Powertech 11

Hoyt Powertech 11 Junior Member

Hoyt

The Hoyt Proelite or Ultraelite

19. BowhuntnHoosier

??Stupid Mathews??? at least they make backward bows for guys like you unlike.................................elite. :tape: Had to stir the pot a little.:laugh:

20. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm not happy right now so don't push it! stupid Mathews and their stupid cams I WANNA SHOOT MY BOW! :Cry:

Maybe if I had little tiny arms like Bowman I could shoot it but NOOOOO I need to have normal human sized arms.... stupid Mathews and their stupid cams