Got a noise. HELP!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by OB1.25, Jan 10, 2007.

1. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

Hey just wondering if any one else has had any problems with their tribute. I have an 06 tribute,about six months old, noticed the other day that its starting to make more noise than usual, sounds like the top limb pocket is popping. I took all accessories off put on a WB noise still there. I also noticed the the cams are hitting the limbs. Its a right handed bow, i see were the cams top and bottom have been hitting the limb on the left side of the "Y". There is not much clearance in here but should they hit or rub!? I shoot carbon express maxima 350 with 100 grain tips at 70lbs this isn't to light. Bow has never been dry fired either. Help.

:cool:

2. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

you got a badly tuned bow, you are simply over-rotating you cams which means overdraw, i recomend you stop shooting that right away and take it to the local pro shop to fix that, thats how u blow up your bow, and trust me, us bowtech owners dont need anymore harasment:doh:

3. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

i forgot to add one more important thing....

TAKE OF THAT DAMN WB AND GET UR SELF A TROPHY TAKER!!

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

stop pickin on WB's.......there not that bad......:pound:

5. you need to take it to a pro shop and have it checked out without hereing it or seeing it,it's really hard to tell.let them look it over and make sure to check out your limbs,my brothers bow started making noise and it got louder and louder we found the proublem and it was a crack in the top limb.
    STOP SHOOTING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

No way, that blowtec would have a cracked limb......... would it???? Not if its only 6 months old......:noidea:

7. ladyarcher5575

ladyarcher5575 Member

Ya its possible i have seen brand new hoyt's blow up hangin in my shop and i have seen alot of mathews break in half,on one accasion i was at a shoot and the guy ahead of me was shooting his new mathews and (about 2 week's old) and it broke in half and the cable gaurd went threw his wrist:doh: you should have herd him screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem it made my heart stop,and i think i peed alittle. i have sent back a few bowtech's to the factory right after i got them to sell because somthing was wrong with the limbs or riser.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Doesnt this go in a different thread????

9. bullspotter

I really must say i havent seen any of the newer, (within 5 years) bows blow up, the worst thing a saw at a shoot was a guy shooting with a overdraw, and didnt have the drop plate on, well the arrow fell off when he leter go, the arrow went into his wrist right whare the hand starts to get larger then the wrist, and the tip came out on his index finger between his first and second knuckle..... almost made me loose my lunch.....:puke:

10. tek

tek Senior Member

Good advice!!

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

They blow up right on the wall??? :laugh:

12. ladyarcher5575

ladyarcher5575 Member

i had 2 do it.on 1 the string just went and on the other a limb snaped in two

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's wild...That would freak me out havin a bow blow off the wall...:biggrin1:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

on a side note and not to hyjack the thread but I was standing next to a wall mounted phone one time and lightning blew it off the wall.....scared the bejesus out of me.....I might have even pee'd a little.....:biggrin1:

15. bullspotter

so did we find out whats wrong with the bow yet??

16. ladyarcher5575

ladyarcher5575 Member

now that was funny:thumb: :caked: :pound: