Got my darkhorse!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by thehairlessone!, Jan 29, 2008.

1. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

Got my first shipment of dark horse double bull blinds in last nite. They are better than I had imagined.

The new camo is even better than I thought it would be and the new door and window systems are perfect. I cant think fo one thing I dont like about it in any way.

Here are some photos. Sorry they are indoors guys. We have like 50 mph gusts today so I didnt want to try to take them outside. If you guys have any questions at all just ask.

I will better photos when I get a chance.

rick

2. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I think I like the old Matrix 360 in predator deception better myself. Still nice no doubt. Is anything different with the hub system?

3. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

What is your retail on them?

4. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

$399 i believe

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  5. thehairlessone!

I think the hubs are the same but just about everything else has changed for the better. I love the deception camo too but this new ground swat rocks! :rockon:

rick

6. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

beer holders?

Do these things come with floors?

7. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Are the windows actually more "shoot-throughable"? The old 360's windows were not very forgiving IMO. Don't get me wrong, love the blind, just don't shoot through the mesh!

8. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

i've heard you can't shoot mechanicals thru it but then again, I've heard you can?

Rick?
    :noidea:

9. Hook Em

It may work, but I still wouldn't do it. Shooting through a net is just not something I would recommend! I have had it throw more than one arrow off course..

10. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Maybe it was the wind? :noidea:

11. Hook Em

It seemed pretty calm on those days, but I've heard of freak gusts from time to time :noidea:

12. HCAman

HCAman New Member

Love to look of them blinds.!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

13. thehairlessone!

You can shoot thru the mesh with mechanical heads. Obviously you have to take a little more care than you would with a fixed blade but alot of people do.

The ones you dont want to shoot thru the mesh are the ones with the "L" shaped blades like these. The rage heads wouldnt work well either and I wouldnt suggest using a mech. head that doesnt use an o-ring to hold the blades closed.

As with any broadhead, the best thing to do is to take some practice shots and make sure you are getting good arrow flight before hunting. If you arent getting good arrow flight then you are going to have to tweak your setup or switch broadheads.

rick

14. SinGin

SinGin Banned

So let me get this right. The new blind is half Matrix and half T-5 right?

15. thehairlessone!

Exactly. Only better. They changed the door so it is much easier to get in and out of and they changed the mesh too. Now you can just take it right out if you dont need it like for turkeys.

rick

16. So whats the deal - banned again? There's an uproar...:doh:

17. thehairlessone!

Well I dont know what the deal is to be honest. I had permission to go back on under another name. Even though they admit I didnt do anything wrong apparently there is nothing they can do.:dizzy:

It's really petty but I am not going to pay to be a sponsor when others are selling the same exact product without being a sponsor. It just so happens one is a moderator so it isnt hard to figure out who has the problem with me.

It doesnt say banned when I log on to AT but it wont let me post or access my pm's. It feels like I am back in high school again.:biggrin1:

rick

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I thought the wind jokes were getting old??????????? You done one yourself.:rockon:

AWESOME looking blind.:peace: