gps info

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by g5s, Apr 27, 2007.

1. g5s

g5s Junior Member

Im new to your forum so if this is not the place I should be asking this question Im sorry . I have a hunting trip booked for sept- for ablack bear .I would like to have a gps to take with me . I would appreciate any info that I can get . All of thegps look the same and to many dollars.
    Thanks G5S

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

There are a few really good sites out there. IT all comes down to:

1. how much do you want to spend

2. How accurate do you really need it to be

3. What are the most important features?

3. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i use a magellan sport trac and it fets my needs quite well. i think the price was about 299.00 and the accuracy is pretty good. i use it to find my hunting spots and when im somwere i havent been before i mark the truck and or camp so i can find my way back. its a nice little unit and i love it!

4. g5s

g5s Junior Member

Thanks for the info I will check out the magellan sport.
    g5s

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I got the Xtrex lengend.. I love the thing.. I use it for traveling and hunting. I originally bought it for hunting. but have found it usefull for about anything. planning trips, hunting, fishing, or works well if you have mistakenly got your self lost. good luck ..There worth there weight in gold..

6. g5s

g5s Junior Member

I Ordered A Gps Today

WELL AFTER SPENDING SEVERAL DAYS LOOKING AT GPS ONLINE ON IN ALL KINDS OF STORES i ORDERED A GARMIN 76 CSX IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL DO EVERYTHING I WANT AND MORE SO THANK AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR HERLP
    G5S:peace: