Grocery Bill?

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Dredly, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

What is your average grocery bill / week and how many people are being fed out of it?

2. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Around $150 - 200, but the boss shops every other week and sometimes extends it out over 2 weeks before shopping again.

2 Adults - 2 kids - 2 Guinee pigs - 2 Rabbits - 1 Dog - 1 indoor cat and 3 outdoor cats!

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

so between 150 - 175 a week for 3 of us (1 in still eating baby food) is a lot huh?

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I do once a month of about $250-$300 (Dry and frozen foods) and then weekly (fresh stuff) is about $40 a week. We are feeding 2 adults and 2 kids.

5. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Diapers are in that? That was the killer for us when my kids were small.

But you probably need to add in there that we get pizza once a week ($20) and eat at a restruant at least every other week ($50). :noidea:

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

My wife has the answer to your problems...if you have big grocery stores close by where you live. She is doing something called the grocery game and has saved a ton of money. i.e. she will get 150 bucks worth the groceries and pay 70 dollars. When you sign up, just use her email address as a reference :cool:

7. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Were at about 120 to 130 a week for two adults and two rug rats. We usually don't buy meat, we get all of that in the fall. But that includes a little bit for dog food and a box of beer.

8. Hook Em

The grocery game also allows you to buy stuff in bulk...you might not need 9 tubes of toothpaste, but if you can get them for 1.50 for 9 then you might as well buy them! And it is the name brand stuff that you use everyday. I am a big fan.

She bought us 3 very nice NY Strip steaks the other night that sold for 40 bucks....she paid 13.

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

what the heck is the Grocery Game? You mean like using coupons and stuff?

10. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

We spend close to 400 a month for 2 kids and 2 adults. That includes eating out also.

What is this grocery game?:noidea:

11. Hook Em

http://www.thegrocerygame.com/

There is the website, but Pink could tell ya'll about it. She is in charge of the shopping and knows exactly how it works. Basically it is using coupons and the website tells you exactly what is on sale and when the coupons came out..you have to do your shopping from Sunday to Tuesday to get the best deals. She will explain more when she gets on, but it is pretty cool!

12. Hook Em

anybody check it out yet?

13. pink camo

pink camo Senior Member

Oh my goodness...it is the best!! I'm not even a paid spokesperson! It just totally works. It's a little confusing at first, but I'd be more than happy to answer any questions about it...just pm me. :peace: