Grown Man Crying.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Huya, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Huya

Huya Senior Member

On Tuesday the 21st of Aug 07. I finally decided I was going to upgrade my bow. I had decided on the Guardian from Bowtech as did my son. I put my drop down arrow rest and all the little goodies on it and was ready for anything. Or I thought anything. Tonight Friday the 24 only 3 full days since purchase, I had bought the fletcher peep and went to the range to fine tune this in. 8 Arrows into this and BOOM!!! The upper cam exploded through the limb. I got hit in the face and chest. My son was beside me and got hit in the shoulder. No blood detected. Only very shaken up. I immeadiatly took it back to the shop where I bought it. I had registered it last night online. He said he would have to wait until Monday to call them and it would be by the end of next week he would have an answer. Then he said if it is any consolation, I was the first he has ever heard of doing this. It is not a consolation, believe me.
    Now I am almost afraid of the bow and wonder if I contact Bowtech if I would have any other route I could take like getting a little money back and getting the diamond Black Ice or getting the allegiance. But I really loved the way that guardian felt and shot.

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Actually!! let your shop deal with it.. they got more pull. and its under warranty. You should have no issues getting it replaced. They seem to be pretty stand up about there bows.

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Sorry to hear about that!! Hope your son is ok too!!! Good luck!!!

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

first one I have even heard of w/any problems.....
    you got a copy of all the info right and pics to use if they give you a hard time???

5. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I dont think youll have a hard time geting it fixed but man thats gotta suck!!!
    Luckily no one was hurt. I have never had anything like that happen to me and hope I never do. Good luck!

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sorry to hear about this. The Guardian is a nice shootin Bowtech bow..........but the Tribute is better. I hope everything turns out ok for ya. Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt.

7. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Well the guy at the Hi tech archery in Fullerton said that bowtech would either send new limbs instantly or they would ask him to send them that bow and give me another one and I would have it by the end of next week either way. So they seem to be very cooperative to work with. I really think it was just one of those freak things that only happen 1 in a million times. Just I got that one. Wish I would have that luck with the lotter though.:peace:

8. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I would ask for a whole new bow. Just let them have that one back. You do not know if the limb letting loose stressed the riser in any bad way. So let them replace the whole bow.

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Yeah! I think I would be afraid to shoot after somthing like that :doh:

10. poorshot

poorshot Senior Member

They will fix it.

Sorry to hear about problem. I know it is disappointing but I'm sure everything will work out.

11. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I agree with QSA...... Wow that really stinks, glad you guys went hurt, ive had 3 or 4 bows come apart on me, its not fun, I realy wasnt to gun shy about shooting after they were fixed, but i didnt forget what it was like when 1 lets go! Youl be alright after you get some trust back in it!!

12. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

i would definmitely tell them i wanted a new bow not that one repaired.... glad no one was seriously injured... the shop should honor your equest and give you a new one with no problem....

13. QSA

I am going to act like B. There mine all mine (post count)
    How did it turn out?

14. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Ok finally I can give an update. This morning I called Bow tech and talked to them. John Nelson. He said to call my shop and tell them just to send in that bow and give me one off the rack. COOL you would think. NO Called Hi Tech. talked to Rick at 11 am. He said he couldn't do anything until he talked to Bow tech and got a rma number. 2 hours later he calls me back and said Tod at Bow Tech who is the main man in charge don't do bow exchanges. He would be sending new limbs and cams to be replaced. I got back on the phone and talked to John at Bow tech again. He said Todd was in charge. So I spoke my mind and told him that I thought there policy needed looked at for this bow had less than 10 hours on it and it was only 3 day old. If you were to buy anything and it broke in that amount of time they would replace it no questions asked. Thanking him for his time I thought I hung up the phone. At which time I began to get expressive and burn off some steam. Then I was going to call my son and still heard voices on my phone, realizing it was still Bow tech, I quickly shut the phone off. 30 minutes later I got a call from John Nelson at Bow Tech and he told me he talked to Todd and they called Rick at Hi Tech Archery and I was to go and pick up a new bow. I called Rick And he said he still has a Guardian but it is a 70# bow. Which by coincedence I was going to ask if he would give me the bigger bow. He set it all up for me and gave me a new fletcher peep. And said no charge. I left the shop and went to the range. In less than 5 minutes of tuning I was placing arrows in tighter groups than I have ever done. I could almost make all 6 arrows touch each other. I was freaking out and so excited. So I thought ok Move back to about 40 yrds and see what happens. I was still putting tight patterns together. Wow am I glad I got the bigger bow and stayed with the Guardian.:rockon: :amen:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

AWSOME.......glad it turned out in your favor.......

NOTE TO SMOKES.....see cussin works sometimes......:laugh:

16. QSA

Well some times showing just how unhappy you are does work.

17. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

glad to see it worked out for you... i am sure i would have voiced my opinion similar to your off line version if that happened to me as well..... glad to see they stood behind their product

18. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I agree, Glad to see you got it taken care of and you are happy with your purchase.

I have to second that one as well. Sometimes ya just got to let the bad side out to get what you want or deserve.

19. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

That is awesome...glad they took care of you, but I am a little disappointed that they even questioned giving you a brand new bow. Glad it worked out well for you in the end and you are even happier than before. The Guardian is a sweet shooting bow....good luck with it!

20. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yup it sure might fly down here!