Guesswhat Santa Brought Me?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by rdnkgrl_robinhood, Dec 25, 2006.

1. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

Well Santa must know how I love him cuz for Christmas he got me a brand new Hoyt Selena dressed out in riptide blue. The pictures just dont due it justice. When I first saw it I wasnt sure if it was a piece of art of a real bow. It is beautiful. The riser is a blue marble, the limbs are black, the limb pockets are chrome, it has yellow and black strings, and oh did I say it was beautiful?? :) I also got a 27 inch cartel stablizer and of course the magshot mag sight I told you all about last week.
    Here are a few of the pictures I took. It is AWSOME!!

Tell me what guys think :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  2. roosevelt

roosevelt Junior Member

dang, that's a beautiful bow:biggrin1: congrats, santa doesn't bring camo bows cause he don't want ya whackin' his reindeer, again, nice bow.

3. tek

tek Senior Member

That bow is really sharp looking! Congrats!

4. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel Member

Congrats to ya rdnkgrl_robinhood. It is one sweet lookin' bow there girl. I betcha gonna shoot a 300 game with that. :peace:

5. rdnkgrl_robinhood

300 or not, I'm sure I'll have a good time tryin :):peace:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so did you know before or was it a suprize????

santa should have taken it back, cuz you peeked....

not really, it is a sweet looking rig, did you already have that stabilizer or is that new also......looks like your a happy camper this time around......

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Hey wait a second its time to change that signature........

8. rdnkgrl_robinhood

I actually got the Stablizer about a week ago when I got the sight, and I pretty much knew that I was going to get this bow at some point because I had to tell him what really wanted and the right draw length and weight and stuff like that.
    I just didnt know it was going to be here before Christmas :) that was a nice surprise:)

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so you got to open and all.....could you tell it was a bow......

come on details, details.....make it like a hunting story.....its been a while since we had a good story on here.....

10. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Well I would love to give you a great story about it but the truth of the matter is this.. Santa was on his way into the house with the bow and I just about knocked him over trying to wrestle it out of his hands. :biggrin1: So it never actually made it to the tree, never made it to wrapping paper, and poor Santa will be nursing those bruises he got when I ran him over for some time to come, but I love it!!
    Oh yeah and it shoot shoots so sweeeet!! Santa loves me :peace:

rdnkgrl

11. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Signature and avatar have been changed.. Tell me whatcha think about the avatar :) Its a custom job :)

12. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Grl, You sure musta been a really good girl :angel: to get such a sweet looking bow as that. Hey next year I am gonna get you to whisper in ol Santa's ear for me too! I hope you don't wear this one out to quick. :laugh: Hs :biggrin1:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Alright this is so cool I am so glad you finally got the Selena.:rockon:

Poor Santa tries to do a nice thing and see what happens.

Now I hope Martin takes care of you nice and quick.

One question though...........why the cat whiskers???:noidea:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2006
  14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

cuz its a hoyt....she wants to be able to hear next week.....

15. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

sweeeeeeet bow ,,,,,,, now lose the freaking cat wiskers..
    thats like putting mud tires on a Vette.
    We need new pictures to prove it..:hug:

16. rdnkgrl_robinhood

You know I have to tell ya, this is the first time I have shot a Hoyt, I have been attracted to Hoyts design since I started shooting and I have always wanted one.... But I have to say I was more than just a little disappointed after I took the first shot. It had the loudest string twang I have ever heard off of any other bow I have ever shot or watched others shoot. After stripping the bow bare and shooting it with nothing not even a rest I finally figured out that what was making so much noise was those darn fuse stringshox that Hoyt puts on their bows. Those things just plain suck, they didn't make anything better, they made it worse. So I took them off and put on the cat whiskers because as ugly as they might be they work really well :).. After that my bow was silent, no string twang..and now it shoots great:peace:

Besides guys... any good Redneck would beg to ask the question.... What's wrong with mud tire on a vette??:noidea:

Now maybe in a couple weeks I may look for something that's a little more a appealing, so what would all recommend?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  17. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Congratulations to ya! Man that's awesome, You are right the stringshox do suck ass. I pulled the ones out of mine the day I got it. I had it setup for 3D and noticed there was a little twang, but I took those out first seeing how a foam target is not gonna jump the string and waaLaa noise gone! Glad to see you are able to shoot now.

P.S. Avatar looks good!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Hope you didn't put to big a hurtin' on him...He might not come back next year, for fear of his life...:biggrin1:

Really though that's awsome!!! see karma gave you a break...THIS TIME...:evil:
    Now get out there an' kill some X's...

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Great looking bow.
    Have fun and Merry Christmas !

Ron

20. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Nice rig. I like the choice of color. Should be a good little shooter. Congrats and Merry Christmas.