Half grizzly, half polar bear

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Chris, May 21, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

2. David

David Junior Member

omg
    "THE INVASION HAS BEGUN"
    :rockon: xD.Very strange

3. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Is it just me or does $50,000 dollars for a guide seem like a typo to anyone else?

4. zman43302

zman43302 Junior Member

i hope its a typo or ill never be able to talk my wife into that hunt :laugh:

5. huntboy

huntboy Junior Member

awsome! i wish that was mine!:frusty:

6. GreggWNY

GreggWNY Junior Member

mmmmmmmmmmmm...is this going to be a new species similar to how the Mule Deer evolved?

Mule Deer History

Recent analysis of three North American deer species' (mule deer, blacktail deer, and whitetail deer) mitochondrial DNA now allows biologists to hypothesize the mule deer’s unique evolution. This testing determined that blacktail bucks bred with whitetail does to produce mule deer. As whitetail deer spread east to west across prehistoric North America, those reaching the northwest coast ultimately became a separate species, blacktail deer. Thousands of years later, as blacktail deer expanded eastward, whitetail deer once more spread westward, with the two species meeting in the Midwest. The blacktail bucks supplanted the whitetail bucks, breeding with the whitetail does. The resulting hybrid species is known now as mule deer. At this point in time, the blacktail deer is classified as a mule deer subspecies. It is smaller in size than the generic mule deer, and it has a longer tail. The blacktail deer inhabits the Pacific coastline, from Alaska to southern California.

7. JVA54

JVA54 Member