Has the Muzzy Zero Effect Arrow Rest become absolete?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by pt1234, Feb 4, 2008.

1. pt1234

pt1234 New Member

I don't hear anything about it anymore. I thought it was a really good rest myself and still do. I've been hearing a lot about the DMI Expert II Dropaway as well as rip cord and others. Just wondering.:D

2. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

It should be, haven't used one, but I have heard they are a pain to setup

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah, They aren't real popular anymore.

4. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I agree! Never used one but also heard that they are a pain to setup..... Besides to many moving parts for me

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I think it's a pretty bulletproof rest and they aren't hard to set up if you watch the video that comes with them.

I think the trend towards parallel limbs has made tem less popular than before. I know some dont have enough cable slide travel to make them work.

6. pt1234

pt1234 New Member

So what are most people using as far as dropaways now. I really like the looks of that DMI brand dropaway.

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Depends what you are using it for. I use the trophy taker drop away for hunting and 3d. You can't beat them.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

RIPCORD:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

9. cjsportsman

cjsportsman Junior Member

I shoot with a Muzzy rest, and I can tell you they are no harder to set up than any other drop away. The video does make it alittle more simple that paper instructions. As for the design, its pretty much bomb proof. I'm not a big fan of cords that initiate the drop. I had one on my Hoyt Vtec, and also on my 07 Alley. With the Vtec I did notice that it was pretty hard on the strings, but with the Alley no string wear at all.