Has this ever happened to you??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Mar 12, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was shooting at 3-d today and about half way thru the first half it started raining. Just sprinkled a little. W/only two targets left on the first half I figured at what the heck It wont through me off to much, well let me tell you a little rain water on the lens really throws your sights off. Made my lens extremely blurry, thank god it was an HHA and I could just remove the lens. Two shots and two adjustments at the practice butts and I had it dialed back in. Does this qualify as an equipment failure??:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

So now I wonder what some of you guys w/dots and fibers in your lenzes, do when your at a 3-d and it starts to drizzle? Is there a double cover available? Or do you have two setups (two extention bars/scope set ups)
    one w/a plain pin, and one w/ a lens. Do you just deal w/it? dont go?
    Just wondering?

2. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

That is why I use my hunting setup. I had A 3d shoot out here too and it poured all day. Maybe this year I will try my hand with A scope for 3d.
    Danny

3. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

Hey Bowman

I just take the lens out my self but I don't shoot a fiber in the lens or a spot. A little trick you can try if it is not coming down to hard is have a bottle of water with you and pour it on the lens. This should sheet off the drops on your lens.

4. HoytShooter88

HoytShooter88 Member

I use the Classic scope..so I just take the lens out also if I have to...

5. srcarlso

srcarlso Member

Wet Lens

Rainex the lens

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Some of the guys shooting the Classic scopes have figured out that the butler creek scope covers will fit them. This keeps the rain off the lens. Just flip them open to shoot and close after the shot.

7. HoytShooter88

HoytShooter88 Member

Do you have a link to where I can buy one of those covers Chris ?

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

My guess is basspro or cabelas. We haven't looked at bringing these in yet, maybe we should.

9. HoytShooter88

HoytShooter88 Member

Thanks a bunch Chris....Ed

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Toxonics

I have a Toxonics Double Barrel Scope Mount. It has a scope on one side then if the scope has issues I simply loosen a know on the front and flip it over to a single pin. It does come in handy when target is in a dark area or like you found out the scope begins to get foggy.

Frank

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I did take the lens out and thanks guys these are all pretty good ideas. I think I will just take the lens out at 3-ds on rainy days. I shot a little better on the second half I think, w/o the lens.:noidea: