Have no clue what I'm doing wrong

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by AIFM, Sep 26, 2007.

1. AIFM

AIFM Junior Member

If i'm doing anything wrong!
    I am a NEW archer and I cannot figure if I'm doing something wrong when I am releasing. I think my string is bouncing, but I'm still hitting the target. If it is bouncing do I need to do anything? :help: :D

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Not sure what you mean by string bouncing....:noidea:

Are you shooting with a release aid or with your fingers? What kind of rest are you using. What kind of sights?

Welcome to archery and this site!!:peace:

3. AIFM

AIFM Junior Member

I am VERY new to archery, what is a rest? No I am not using a release aid.
    When I pull back and fire my string doesn't feel right. Maybe its because I am using a heavier weight than I originally was. :noidea: I really don't know. I am trying to become 'literste'

4. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

The arrow rest is where you arrow is before you shoot. If you bought your bow from a shop I suggest you go back there and have them give you a rundown on what you have. I too don't know what you think doesn't feel right. Maybe it sounds wrong not sure what is going on there. There is alot of very good information on the internet about archery but my first suggestion is go to a shop and have them see what you're talking about. :welcome: to the site as well.:wave:

5. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

What kind of bow are you shooting - Traditional or a compound? (does it have wheels or no wheels)

6. AIFM

AIFM Junior Member

Sorry about the delay, I am shooting a traditional.
    And thanks for the welcome!

7. sleepytrucker

sleepytrucker Junior Member

shooting trad. you usal. dont use a rest you shoot off the shelf to get the arrow closer to the hand to help with hand eye cor. in aiming as far as the bounce i think ur suffering from hand shock its just vib's try some trad stick on limbsavers and see if it helps

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I think the nail has been hit on the head.

Oh and :welcome: to the forum. Have fun thats the best advise anyone can give you when beginning archery.

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Hi,There.

I shoot triditional also and i shoot off a spring rest and a stick on rest.
    Some archers do shoot off the shelf with moleskin or animal hair glued on to make the feathers on your arrow glide across.
    Most of the time these are longbow shooters.
    If your getting a string bounce,put some puff silencers on the strings.
    You can use animal hair,spider legs,puff silencers etc.
    Hope this helps and :welcome: to the forum!:biggrin1:

10. AIFM

AIFM Junior Member

Ok, will try! Thanks!:biggrin1:

11. AIFM

AIFM Junior Member

And translated that means?:noidea:

12. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Limbsaver is a brand of rubber things that absorb ths schock of tha shot on tha bow.
    You will need some that will self stick on the back side of your limbs usally placed about 3" from tha tips.on taradtional type bows

these are Older bows with no wheels or cables on them at the end of the limbs.
    hope this helps and a big 3Dshoots welcome to ya:welcome: :welcome:
    Sm:smokin:kes