Have you taken a Guardian apart?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by whitetail99, Jun 4, 2007.

1. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

Have you taken a Guardian apart? I had to change the limbs on a Guardian for a guy last week.Before you read one more word they are the quietest modern compounds built. I did notice that some of the "E" clips had a little bend to them. Any one else seeing this?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

pics??? I have never taken one apart, just wondering....

3. leblanc822

leblanc822 Junior Member

Guardian

I've replaced limbs on one also, didn't notice any bent or misshapen e clips.

4. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

I did see them on mine. i thought the previous owner did that so they would stick out. :noidea:

5. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I have my Guardian apart now. Getting some dipping done. Never noticed any bent e-clips though. How were they bent? Just curious how they were bent and still stayed on. Which ones were bent?:noidea:

6. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

dan,
    you are already making me jealous!:Cry:

rick

7. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Cams and all accessories are taking a Swim:cool:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I guess we didnt really need an answer to the original question......:noidea:

9. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

Please please please don't make this any kind of bashing thread. okay I typed it three times. What I have noticed on two Guardian's is the E clip has been pulled enough into the limb to permanently leave a bend in the clip. I think is is because of the amount of stored energy and torque pulling the limbs against the retaining E-clip.