Having Serious problem Need Help

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Scrotang, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

Hey guys I'm having alot of trouble with my arrows hitting to the right of where i am aiming. I know that part sounds dumb. I was shooting on monday night and my loop finally broke after several thousand shots, and I punched myself in the face. Also my sts bumper wore out and tore off. I had a rough night. Well tonight I was shooting in my five spot league and I couldn't hit a 5 to save my life. All my arrows were hitting at least 2 or three inches to the right no matter how much I fooled with my sight. Paper tuned it later and adjusted the rest an 1/8 to the right and I was back on bullet holes. Then I couldn't hit anything again, everything was going to the right. Please give me some reason why this is happening. Wild guesses are appreciated.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Are you in "spec" as far as ATA and Brace??

how about your draw weight and draw length???

have they moved??

any issues with Idler lean??

:noidea:

3. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

yeah everthing is in spec and I get no lean, just slapped on a new loop and string tamer and adjusted the rest. I do shoot with both eyes open but have never experienced this before. my score dropped over 30 points. I was in second. Not anymore.

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

your arrows were hitting 2-3 inches right and you moved your rest to the right? you said after you moved it you were getting biullet holes, what kind of tear were you getting before?

5. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

getting a left tear

6. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

oh yeah i'm left handed

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I would move the rest back where it was originally since the problem came back. your not flinching from punching yourself in the face are you?......:laugh:

8. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

i don't think I'm flinching. And I don't punch my rest (usually)

9. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

10. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

How about your grip on the bow? Are you for some reason canting it now? do you use a level on your site? Is the missing bumper on sts causing some kind of unconsistant string stopage, causing the arrow to fishtail everynow and then? Just a few ideas.

11. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

open grip, new sts; different model though, string tamer brand. Arrow flight a little crazy before rest adjustment, tail kicking out. now flight is straight. I'm shooting fobs and paper tuning with blazers (they shoot close for me.)
    So i guess the tear was a nock left tear before... I guess?

12. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

of course i have a level sight is copperjohn deadnuts2 supreme
    Bring on the i have a left handed [insert product name] sight for sale.

13. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I can't help but wonder if JC isn't right; could it be you?

14. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

You didn't say what kind of release your shooting. Since your left handed and your getting flyers tot he right I would really look at couple things.

First check and recheck your bow hand grip. If that's not it, check that your not pulling away from your face when your triggering the release. This would cause right misses.

Recheck that your peep height is correct and that you are centering the sight ring in the peep housing properly.

Just some ideas.

15. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Yep, after your incident that would be a natural reaction.

16. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ha

Some other things
    is the new loop tight and staying in the same position.

or is the loop longer or shorter causeing your ancor-point to be different
    i think its in something you changed causeing the problem..if you were doing fine before.

17. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

I had a similar problem to this one. I was shooting level with what I was aiming but to the left. Then I remembered the night before that I had adjusted my release to make it shorter. I had to readjust my sights because the shorter release changed the distance of my anchor points, now I'm shooting right on target.

This could relate to your problem because you put a new D-loop on. Is the D-loop the exact same size as the one you had on it prior, sounds like you had a good amount of wear and tear in the other one so this one could be just a little different length.

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

have you ever been in a form of "compitition" such as this before??

perhaps being in second place and thinking about it was too much.....

I know if i am shooting decent, and have a chance at "gold", I will let the slightest bad shot, get in my head, and it just gets worse from there...

I will then start over thinking every shot, and not JUST SHOOT......

maybe try a practice round at 5-10 yrds, to retrain yourself into thinking you CAN hit the 5!!

Just a thought......

19. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

I think you started shooting bad when your loop started strechting then it broke you might have your new loop to long :decision: :noidea: :frusty:

20. trophytaker75

trophytaker75 New Member

Make sure the new loop is not tighter against your nock causing pinch that will do all kinds of weird things.Then I would recommend shooting a bare shaft at 20yds to check the entrance angle and adjust from their then I would shoot the bare shaft through paper and tune from their since you are using fobs this should be easy.If all of that yields no answers I would look at cam timing and Idler wheel lean if this is a solocam.