Hca

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Aug 19, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

What is with HCA????.....they have really gone down hill, havent they??...
    was working at the shop tonite and noticed the 2006 catalogue on the shelf...whats this crap about taking there hunting bows, painting them girly colors and calling them 3-d bows.....and another thing there longest ata bow is 36"????

how does it feel to be the joke of the archery industry?????

oh thats right they share that position w/darton..........:peace:

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I seen something earlier that the were possibly bought by Newberry???? Not sure anyone here have any details?

I do remember back about 10 years ago they were the bow to have. What a difference time has on a company. I hear they still have the strongest limbs in all of archery.

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I thought HCA (High Country Archery) was filing for protection from Bankruptcy, closing all their dealers and selling exclusively through the chains (Cabelas, Bass Pro...). That was last year I think, I doubt they are improving much. The last "good" thing I've heard from them was the "cabon ultralight" or whatever its called, 32 A2A and weighed like 2 1/2 pounds or something like that. Think its their TSSR CG bow... http://www.highcountryarchery.com/bow_tssrcg.htm But thats about all they have going for them that I know of

I never shot it but compared to some other bows in the same A2A range its extremly light:

the Switchback XT - 4.25
    Allegiance (34 a2a) - 4.1

Actually to be honest a lot of manufacturers do the pretty color thing. Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews... all sell "target" versions of their hunting bows. The exact same specs just pretty enough to blind the foam targets so they don't run away.

PS: Darton is DEFINATELY the bottom of the totem pole now.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thought that was alpine.....of course theres another winner....alpine what a joke......

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

If this was true you find me a factory target color Switchback........

You have about as much hope of finding me one of these as I have of finding a piece of clothing from them that I actully desire to have in my closet......

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Think you may be right... I kind of ignore those companies... just read a thread on ArcheryTalk that said that they were bought out by Newberry? I'll wait till I see something offical though.

As for Mathews... they sell more then 1 bow and have sold more then one style :)

The Mathews LX is a hunting bow you can buy in colors,
    And what about the Ovation? that comes in pretty colors also.

The switchback sells so fast they don't have enough time to make the ones they need to make in Camo, forget other colors. :)

As for their clothing... they do have a really nice Realtree shirt... the logo blends in so you can't even see it :)

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the SLOVATION......may come in camo but not what I would call a great hunting bow.......and who besides DB takes an Apex 7 in the woods????

My point was they dont make the switchback, xt, outback, and other great shooting bows in fancy colors.....I mean whats better for your shooting then having identical bows set up for different purposes.....I think it would be benificial to me to have a target color Switchback to shoot for 3-d's, then pick up another for indoor, and take one set up for hunting to the woods....

So now I am a little embarresed to say in that respect HCA has it right on this one....:doh:

So I have a new dream bow list.....
    Switchback camo 50-60 hunting.....
    Switchback black cherry 40-50lbs indoor.....
    Switchback all black 60-70lbs(for what ever speed I may gain) 3-d......

I may have to look for some used ones and custom paint them myself.....

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Spraypaint and Sharpie markers will take care of that!

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

I think those fellers across the pond are able to get target colored switchbacks cause they can't bowhunt.

Seems like I saw where one guy set a record using one of those short mathews in target colors that you can't get over here. :dizzy:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

are you having fun???:lol: :lol:

11. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

If I read one more thread that is a year old I am gonna vomit...:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

We're diggin up bones..................:rockon:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Randy Travis????

15. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

There was a day that this was tha top shelf bow
    leader in tha industry all tha big names shot em
    oh well

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

GUYS THIS THREAD IS OVER A YEAR OLD:frusty:

17. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Ya, we really need to get some new material. Anyone want to bump the AT uproar thread???

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats locked, doesntmean YOU cant start another:lol: :lol:

19. SinGin

SinGin Banned

I double dog dare you!!!